Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Sports Brinson: 'This is going to be a wild draft'
Has there ever been a draft where this many teams had multiple #1 picks?

Couple that with a top heavy draft of Edges (in lieu of QB) and this is just a weird draft imo

All this talk of the Vikings moving around. Not sure I'm buying into that, they dont even have a 4th rounder - but they have 3 #6 spots - yippee!

Not sure I see them being that active, but its a new regime too...

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
I think Geoff has it right and they leapfrog Washington and get one of the DBs. 
I've always had the theory if you are going to spend picks or players to get 1 player....he better be damn special.  If/when KAM moves up for. player ,   that player gets held to a higher standard when evaluating the GM IMO.  If he moves up it better be a solid pick,  not a bunch of question marks. 

Yeah, I'm certainly throwing $hit at the wall and have no idea what KAM is thinking as do the rest of us. 

I don't think there's going to be much in the form of compensation because we're in a buyers market.  Seems theres 10ish top flight prospects and then a bunch of players who could go in that 11-40 range who all have about the same shot of hitting.  So would you willing to move down if the hypothetical return on draft capital was say 60-70% of the draft points charts?
Say would you move down to say 16 or 19 with New Orleans for them to get to pick the first QB if all we got back was a 3rd?

CBS Sports Mocks make me actually laugh out loud. Drake London at 12? I'll drive my ass from Iowa City to Minneapolis just to boo the pick from outside of their facility. Perhaps I should message someone at Barstool Sports and ask to apply as a professional Boo'er so that I get credentials to attend the introduction conference if that pick happened. London may end up being good, but I want nothing to do with him at 12.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
CBS Sports Mocks make me actually laugh out loud. Drake London at 12? I'll drive my ass from Iowa City to Minneapolis just to boo the pick from outside of their facility. Perhaps I should message someone at Barstool Sports and ask to apply as a professional Boo'er so that I get credentials to attend the introduction conference if that pick happened. London may end up being good, but I want nothing to do with him at 12.

Charles Davis's latest has London as the first WR off the board at 10.  Has us picking Trent Mcduffie
https://www.nfl.com/news/charles-davis-2...s-selected

And if we pass on Hamilton for Mcduffie....

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
I've always had the theory if you are going to spend picks or players to get 1 player....he better be damn special.  If/when KAM moves up for. player ,   that player gets held to a higher standard when evaluating the GM IMO.  If he moves up it better be a solid pick,  not a bunch of question marks. 

Yeah, I'm certainly throwing $hit at the wall and have no idea what KAM is thinking as do the rest of us. 

I don't think there's going to be much in the form of compensation because we're in a buyers market.  Seems theres 10ish top flight prospects and then a bunch of players who could go in that 11-40 range who all have about the same shot of hitting.  So would you willing to move down if the hypothetical return on draft capital was say 60-70% of the draft points charts?
Say would you move down to say 16 or 19 with New Orleans for them to get to pick the first QB if all we got back was a 3rd?
Good question, No I would not move down to 16 for just a 3rd rounder.  A move down (for me) would have to at least net us an additional second rounder.  Using one of the draft value charts we could drop to the NO 19th spot and also get there second rounder pick # 49.  That would be tempting but it really depends on what our choices are at 12, right.      

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Has there ever been a draft where this many teams had multiple #1 picks?

Couple that with a top heavy draft of Edges (in lieu of QB) and this is just a weird draft imo

All this talk of the Vikings moving around. Not sure I'm buying into that, they dont even have a 4th rounder - but they have 3 #6 spots - yippee!

Not sure I see them being that active, but its a new regime too...
I haven't heard about whether or not this is some kind of record, but I don't remember a 1st round with this many teams with multiple picks. Lotta ammo for a lotta moving around. 

Quote: @minny65 said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:

Good question, No I would not move down to 16 for just a 3rd rounder.  A move down (for me) would have to at least net us an additional second rounder.  Using one of the draft value charts we could drop to the NO 19th spot and also get there second rounder pick # 49.  That would be tempting but it really depends on what our choices are at 12, right.      
If we drop far enough to net a 2nd this year,   I would rather have the first next year.  Especially if its a team that isn't likely to be a strong playoff contender like the saints.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Hawkvike25 said:

Charles Davis's latest has London as the first WR off the board at 10.  Has us picking Trent Mcduffie

Another one that has us passing on Hamilton.... its like they are just trying to get me pissed off.

All the talk on needing to consider a WR because of ATs age and contract situation are just as pliable when viewing Harry's age and contact.   If Hamilton is there and Gardner is gone...  thats the pick,  all day every day.  Only way I pass on Hamilton is for a kings random to move down.

If he is gone I keep going back to Davis,  I think he can be a lot more than a run stopper,  even if he can just collapse a pocket with a push,  his size and power is to good to pass up.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@Hawkvike25 said:

Another one that has us passing on Hamilton.... its like they are just trying to get me pissed off.

All the talk on needing to consider a WR because of ATs age and contract situation are just as pliable when viewing Harry's age and contact.   If Hamilton is there and Gardner is gone...  thats the pick,  all day every day.  Only way I pass on Hamilton is for a kings random to move down.

If he is gone I keep going back to Davis,  I think he can be a lot more than a run stopper,  even if he can just collapse a pocket with a push,  his size and power is to good to pass up.

You and I are in lockstep on this.  Its kind of gotten down to Hamilton, Davis and then a WR for me.