Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
193 evil people.
Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Mike Olson said:
As a diabetic I just can’t even contain the anger.

https://apnews.com/article/business-health-prices-medicare-inflation-c08ab8f2f58051f89d98346d53241a24

The House on Thursday passed a bill capping the monthly cost of insulin at $35 for insured patients, part of an election-year push by Democrats for price curbs on prescription drugs at a time of rising inflation. 

Experts say the legislation, which passed 232-193, would provide significant relief for privately insured patients with skimpier plans and for Medicare enrollees facing rising out-of-pocket costs for their insulin. Some could save hundreds of dollars annually, and all insured patients would get the benefit of predictable monthly costs for insulin. The bill would not help the uninsured. 
And none of the evil bastards did anything about costs to the 1000s of other drugs. In fact you could make a decent argument that by cutting insulin cost to customer those fuckers at big pharma will just add their desired profit requirements onto all of us who dont take insulin.  

My godmother is on a $10k/mo pill for pulmonary hypertension. With poor people assistance its all the way down to $1k/mo. 

I was diagnosed with epilepsy in my mid 20s. The standard drug for that is and was keppra. It was $1k/mo with insurance. I was pill cutting as a mid 20s new father. Thank god I’m now on an old drug that will blow my kidneys/liver up in 2-3 decades. 

So yeah, fuck the 193 and while youre at it, fuck the 232 as well. Then round up the 10 abstentions and give them the same treatment. 
I take the generic for Keppra now (Levetiracetam). It's like $1300 for a 3 month supply without insurance and $90 with it. I was diagnosed with epilepsy at 16. It took 10 to find a medication.  I bet some of the 193 are invested in the insulin or bought by the lobbyists. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@AGRforever said:
@Mike Olson said:

https://apnews.com/article/business-health-prices-medicare-inflation-c08ab8f2f58051f89d98346d53241a24

The House on Thursday passed a bill capping the monthly cost of insulin at $35 for insured patients, part of an election-year push by Democrats for price curbs on prescription drugs at a time of rising inflation. 

Experts say the legislation, which passed 232-193, would provide significant relief for privately insured patients with skimpier plans and for Medicare enrollees facing rising out-of-pocket costs for their insulin. Some could save hundreds of dollars annually, and all insured patients would get the benefit of predictable monthly costs for insulin. The bill would not help the uninsured. 
And none of the evil bastards did anything about costs to the 1000s of other drugs. In fact you could make a decent argument that by cutting insulin cost to customer those fuckers at big pharma will just add their desired profit requirements onto all of us who dont take insulin.  

My godmother is on a $10k/mo pill for pulmonary hypertension. With poor people assistance its all the way down to $1k/mo. 

I was diagnosed with epilepsy in my mid 20s. The standard drug for that is and was keppra. It was $1k/mo with insurance. I was pill cutting as a mid 20s new father. Thank god I’m now on an old drug that will blow my kidneys/liver up in 2-3 decades. 

So yeah, fuck the 193 and while youre at it, fuck the 232 as well. Then round up the 10 abstentions and give them the same treatment. 
I take the generic for Keppra now (Levetiracetam). It's like $1300 for a 3 month supply without insurance and $90 with it. I was diagnosed with epilepsy at 16. It took 10 to find a medication.  I bet some of the 193 are invested in the insulin or bought by the lobbyists. 

It was generic keppra (Levetiracetam) that I was taking.  For whatever reason it was stupidly priced, but this has been years ago now. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Vikergirl said:
@AGRforever said:
@Mike Olson said:

It was generic keppra (Levetiracetam) that I was taking.  For whatever reason it was stupidly priced, but this has been years ago now. 
It's all stupidly priced. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:

No doubt the Democrats need any distraction right now from the abysmal record of the current Administration.

You do realize that without a comprehensive plan for all drugs and all care categories (private, Medicare, Medicaid, uninsured), all this bill would do is pass the cost on to someone else just like what happens when the government negotiates Medicaid reimbursement rates with health care providers.  The privately insured end up taking care of the payment gap.  My company paid insurance rates have more than doubled since we made healthcare "affordable" to all on a straight party vote with deductibles and out of pocket maximums that make medical visits a luxury to many of the "insured".