Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ya just gotta love the party that wants less govt in your life
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
@greediron said:
@Vikergirl said:
For all the guys that will never have to make this decision, it's not about you. Women can choose to complete a pregnancy, place for adoption or terminate a pregnancy. She has a right to her options. She doesn't have to justify her choice. It's up to her. It could be financial, medical, trauma or any number of reasons but no amount of guilt, shame, blame, judgment or whatever you dish out on her is going to deny her the right to choose. The most important thing is that she is safe.  Abortion is not going to go away regardless. My preference is that it is in the safety of medical professionals as opposed to some dark hidden space. And you can call her selfish or all kinds of names but she has the right to determine the course of her life and her destiny period. 
It takes two to make a baby, a man and a woman (traditional definitions) and so it takes a man and a woman to raise a child.  And once that baby is created, it is no longer a woman's body, it is the body of the child.

The choice was made before the child was created.
It does take take two but usually women are the ones that are facing the reality of the choice. There are many guys that walk away. It is still part of the woman's body. The woman has ownership and takes precedence, her rights don't disappear. 
and neither should either of their obligations,  you want to talk about making men face the consequences of that particular choice, sister you got me in your corner all 12 rounds and more. 
But reasonably and realistically, you know that is not going to happen. And when a single mom wants to get help from the social safety net, she is demonized for it. She is judged and shamed. So no matter what choice she makes she is going to be blamed. She can be put into a cycle of poverty and may not make it out and that doesn't necessarily serve the child well either. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
@greediron said:
@Vikergirl said:
For all the guys that will never have to make this decision, it's not about you. Women can choose to complete a pregnancy, place for adoption or terminate a pregnancy. She has a right to her options. She doesn't have to justify her choice. It's up to her. It could be financial, medical, trauma or any number of reasons but no amount of guilt, shame, blame, judgment or whatever you dish out on her is going to deny her the right to choose. The most important thing is that she is safe.  Abortion is not going to go away regardless. My preference is that it is in the safety of medical professionals as opposed to some dark hidden space. And you can call her selfish or all kinds of names but she has the right to determine the course of her life and her destiny period. 
It takes two to make a baby, a man and a woman (traditional definitions) and so it takes a man and a woman to raise a child.  And once that baby is created, it is no longer a woman's body, it is the body of the child.

It does take take two but usually women are the ones that are facing the reality of the choice. There are many guys that walk away. It is still part of the woman's body. The woman has ownership and takes precedence, her rights don't disappear. 
and neither should either of their obligations,  you want to talk about making men face the consequences of that particular choice, sister you got me in your corner all 12 rounds and more. 
But reasonably and realistically, you know that is not going to happen. And when a single mom wants to get help from the social safety net, she is demonized for it. She is judged and shamed. So no matter what choice she makes she is going to be blamed. She can be put into a cycle of poverty and may not make it out and that doesn't necessarily serve the child well either. 
So...kill a baby?  No,  I don't buy it.   And as a society if we can get to the point where it can become acceptable to kill an unborn child,  then we damn well should be able to reverse course and make men equally accountable for their decisions.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
@greediron said:
@Vikergirl said:

Again, freedom of choice.  Choosing to engage in sexual activity without commitment is a bad choice.  And there is plenty of safety nets, but of course you now move the goal posts and say she is demonized for that. Somehow millions of people still sign up for those safety nets.  Hell, the safety nets are much bigger if she keeps the child, some might even say they are incentives.

Yes, having a child out of wedlock is a big issue, not worth killing the child, but worth addressing.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@AGRforever said:
@BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
@BigAl99 said:
@AGRforever said:
@Vikergirl said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I guess if somebody doesn't care if the mother kills the unborn child,  who should give a shit if she  fucks the kid up as a result of getting stoned.
And that right there is the difference between pro life and pro abortion. 

Pro life people view the unborn as their own being. Someone who should be afforded all the rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness that every other person gets. 

Pro abortion people think its nothing different then exfoliating a few unwanted cells. 
Pro-choice people view the woman as having rights over her own body and the freedom to choose what decisions she makes regarding it. You don't have to like it and you don't have to agree but bodily autonomy and self-determination are important. 

Somebody has to look out for the bodily autonomy of the baby.  If not the government then who?

Angry men!
Better that than irrational women killing babies.

Says an angry man, I assume.
Thought you guys didnt assume gender?

You never come off as strongly gender specific, so do you have a preferred chosen pronoun?  Who are you grouping me with, white senior grandparents?
I’m a tree. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@BigAl99 said:
@AGRforever said:
@BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
@BigAl99 said:
@AGRforever said:
@Vikergirl said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I guess if somebody doesn't care if the mother kills the unborn child,  who should give a shit if she  fucks the kid up as a result of getting stoned.

Pro life people view the unborn as their own being. Someone who should be afforded all the rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness that every other person gets. 

Pro abortion people think its nothing different then exfoliating a few unwanted cells. 
Pro-choice people view the woman as having rights over her own body and the freedom to choose what decisions she makes regarding it. You don't have to like it and you don't have to agree but bodily autonomy and self-determination are important. 

Somebody has to look out for the bodily autonomy of the baby.  If not the government then who?

Angry men!

You never come off as strongly gender specific, so do you have a preferred chosen pronoun?  Who are you grouping me with, white senior grandparents?
I’m a tree. 
I am not very pro-noun.  More of an old amateur really.  Nobody pays for my verbs, let alone my nouns.

@BigAl99 said:
@AGRforever said:
@BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
@BigAl99 said:
@AGRforever said:
@Vikergirl said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Angry men!

I’m a tree. 

I'll bet White American Oak, can tell by the density.  Probably not a lot of branches on your limb either, correct?

@AGRforever said:
I’m a tree. 

I'll bet White American Oak, can tell by the density.  Probably not a lot of branches on your limb either, correct?
[Image: fetchimage?siteId=7575&v=2&jpgQuality=10...%2F749.jpg]

@AGRforever said:
@BigAl99 said:
@AGRforever said:
@BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
@BigAl99 said:
@AGRforever said:
@Vikergirl said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Angry men!

I’m a tree. 

a branch and limb is the same thing, so that was kind of fail,  but posts insulting other posters,  even ones that arent done well, are a not permitted so please refrain from these type of posts.  we all slip up and do them from time to time,  so lets just end it here.

@AGRforever said:
@BigAl99 said:
@AGRforever said:
@BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
@BigAl99 said:
@AGRforever said:
@Vikergirl said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Angry men!

I’m a tree. 

Its fun putting tree on gender forms and watching people squirm. I put it on my optometrist form. The doc pulled me aside and said he had to ask about it?  Told him if they ask stupid questions they’ll get stupid answers. 

And Id be happy to be an oak. One of the most majestic trees in the forest. Beautiful grain, long lasting, durable, useful and unique. When I did some clearing for horse trails on our property, I specifically noted oak trees and diverted the path to keep as many as possible. 

@BigAl99 said:
@AGRforever said:
@BigAl99 said:
@AGRforever said:
@BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
@BigAl99 said:
@AGRforever said:
@Vikergirl said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Angry men!

I’m a tree. 

Its fun putting tree on gender forms and watching people squirm. I put it on my optometrist form. The doc pulled me aside and said he had to ask about it?  Told him if they ask stupid questions they’ll get stupid answers. 

And Id be happy to be an oak. One of the most majestic trees in the forest. Beautiful grain, long lasting, durable, useful and unique. When I did some clearing for horse trails on our property, I specifically noted oak trees and diverted the path to keep as many as possible. 
and deer love your nuts! :#