Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ya just gotta love the party that wants less govt in your life
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/alabama-how-could-you-senate-approves-forcing-women-to-take-pregnancy-test-to-obtain-medical-marijuana/ar-AAVLCEr

approved by Alabama Senate...women age 13-50 to prove not pregnant or breastfeeding to buy potthe controversial bill approved by the Alabama Senate, introduced recently by State Sen. Larry Stutts ®, requires that all women between the ages of 13 and 50 prove that they are not pregnant and not breastfeeding in order to buy medical cannabis. 

Emma Roth, a staff attorney with the National Advocates for Pregnant Women (NAPW) said no state in the union has ever passed a law like this because, for starters, it's unconstitutional. 

Stylus Pintuck Womens Jogger Pant | Black | Womens X-Small | Pants Jogger Pants 
“This is completely unprecedented because it is so clearly unconstitutional,” she said. 

Roth said Oklahoma considered a similar provision in 2018 through executive order but backed off amid the high possibility of a legal challenge.
Is this thing on?

Hmmm, it is not quite the slam dunk you appear to believe it is:

“When cannabis (marijuana) is smoked or eaten, the chemicals reach the fetus by crossing the placenta. Research is limited on the harms of marijuana use during pregnancy. But there are possible risks of marijuana use, including babies that are smaller at birth and stillbirth. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists recommends that pregnant women not use marijuana.”
— American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Committee Opinion No. 722

Cited:  https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28937574/
I don't have a horse in the race.  Personally, I would follow the science and advice of doctors.  Above group seems to be a highly trained, respectable group and recommendation is directed to mothers with a desired pregnancy.

Should be okay to be protective of the unborn child...

I’m not sure how you can prove if they’re pregnant or not. But is protecting babies from life long health issues a bad thing??

I guess if somebody doesn't care if the mother kills the unborn child,  who should give a shit if she  fucks the kid up as a result of getting stoned.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I guess if somebody doesn't care if the mother kills the unborn child,  who should give a shit if she  fucks the kid up as a result of getting stoned.
And that right there is the difference between pro life and pro abortion. 

Pro life people view the unborn as their own being. Someone who should be afforded all the rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness that every other person gets. 

Pro abortion people think its nothing different then exfoliating a few unwanted cells. 

My answer would be because that "fucked up kid" then becomes a social and financial burden on the rest of society?  Not saying I have the answers Jimmy but we have a serious societal problem wherein people consistently make bad decisions and the financial and social burdens seem to always fall on those who have made responsible life decisions and I feel it is now careening into a critical mass of shit hell is going to come to breakfast sooner rather than later.

And then blame the other party for caring about the child.  

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

Pro life people view the unborn as their own being. Someone who should be afforded all the rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness that every other person gets. 

Pro abortion people think its nothing different then exfoliating a few unwanted cells. 
Pro-choice people view the woman as having rights over her own body and the freedom to choose what decisions she makes regarding it. You don't have to like it and you don't have to agree but bodily autonomy and self-determination are important. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

Pro-choice people view the woman as having rights over her own body and the freedom to choose what decisions she makes regarding it. You don't have to like it and you don't have to agree but bodily autonomy and self-determination are important. 
so are you ok with a pregnant woman smoking dope and potentially fucking up her unborn child?  Is that also a right?

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

Somebody has to look out for the bodily autonomy of the baby.  If not the government then who?