Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremiah Mock Draft 3.0
Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@Wetlander said:
@AGRforever said:
Are the QB's just not that good this year?  I know everyone says weak class.  The highlight reels certainly don't say terrible.  We have 7ish QB needy teams ahead of us and they're ALL going to pass on either Willis or Pickett, and/or no one is going to trade up for one of them?
Honestly if both QBs are on the board, why not get our future QB?  But end of the day, someone is trading up. 
I don't think any of the top prospects in this draft class would be ranked ahead of last year's class of Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Fields, and Jones.

Rookie QBs are always in demand these days and get overdrafted, but I'd be leery of taking any of the guys in the first 20 picks.  Willis has intriguing upside, but he if came out last year...  I would have taken Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Mac Jones, and Fields ahead of him.
I know I told you Willis would be behind Jones but I think maybe the consensus in the league may be moving. I think Willis may be behind Fields but ahead of Jones at this point. Pickett would still be behind Jones. The issue with Mac Jones is he lacks elite upside. Good QB, but can he be great? Willis has a lot of risks but the upside is similar to Josh Allen. 
Have you watched Will Levis yet? 

@Wetlander said:
@AGRforever said:
Are the QB's just not that good this year?  I know everyone says weak class.  The highlight reels certainly don't say terrible.  We have 7ish QB needy teams ahead of us and they're ALL going to pass on either Willis or Pickett, and/or no one is going to trade up for one of them?
Honestly if both QBs are on the board, why not get our future QB?  But end of the day, someone is trading up. 
I don't think any of the top prospects in this draft class would be ranked ahead of last year's class of Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Fields, and Jones.

Rookie QBs are always in demand these days and get overdrafted, but I'd be leery of taking any of the guys in the first 20 picks.  Willis has intriguing upside, but he if came out last year...  I would have taken Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Mac Jones, and Fields ahead of him.
I know I told you Willis would be behind Jones but I think maybe the consensus in the league may be moving. I think Willis may be behind Fields but ahead of Jones at this point. Pickett would still be behind Jones. The issue with Mac Jones is he lacks elite upside. Good QB, but can he be great? Willis has a lot of risks but the upside is similar to Josh Allen. 
I'm still a Mac Jones fan, I was one of the few who was in favor of drafting him last year (and I would have taken him ahead of Fields and I'd take him over Willis).

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Havoc1649 said:

In regards to Malik Willis, that arm and athleticism are great. His big time throws are really good. His accuracy is very worrisome. Overall, again he’s a really raw player with upside. He has the athleticism and arm of someone like Donovan McNabb so it’s easy to get excited about him, but his play is not consistent and he in no way resembles McNabb as an overall prospect out of college. 
After reviewing the QB’s this year, he was a late 1st to 2nd rounder for me. There’s too much risk for the top of the draft IMO
But....but....his Pro Day!!!  :p

Totally agree. Willis will be overdrafted. Any McNabb comparisons are hilarious as DM threw for 77 TDs and 8400 yards as a 4 year starter at Syracuse as you mention and was selected #2 overall in the Draft. Willis ain't no McNabb. 
How much of a joke are pro days? Kenny Picketts hands somehow grew in 3 weeks. No QB has ever had a bad pro day so take it with a grain of salt

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@StickyBun said:
@Havoc1649 said:

In regards to Malik Willis, that arm and athleticism are great. His big time throws are really good. His accuracy is very worrisome. Overall, again he’s a really raw player with upside. He has the athleticism and arm of someone like Donovan McNabb so it’s easy to get excited about him, but his play is not consistent and he in no way resembles McNabb as an overall prospect out of college. 
After reviewing the QB’s this year, he was a late 1st to 2nd rounder for me. There’s too much risk for the top of the draft IMO

Totally agree. Willis will be overdrafted. Any McNabb comparisons are hilarious as DM threw for 77 TDs and 8400 yards as a 4 year starter at Syracuse as you mention and was selected #2 overall in the Draft. Willis ain't no McNabb. 
How much of a joke are pro days? Kenny Picketts hands somehow grew in 3 weeks. No QB has ever had a bad pro day so take it with a grain of salt
Yep. And Pickett wears gloves. Has anyone worn professional NFL gloves? I've seen them and they are amazing in how grippy they are. I get why many WRers wear them, its a big advantage. But the dude did fumble a lot in college. 

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@Wetlander said:
@AGRforever said:

Have you watched Will Levis yet? 

I'm starting to really like KJ Jefferson from Arkansas too. 6'3" 245, big arm, tacklers bounce off him when he runs. Very Culpepper-esque. Another big year and I could see him in the top 15 in 2023

@Wetlander said:
@AGRforever said:

If you have to hope that accuracy will suddenly show up when he's making millions, it's a fool's bet. Barely over 60% in completions, under 100 in QBR and having thrown double digit int's, (twice as many as the year before). That's simply not a 1st rd. grade in any draft.   

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@StickyBun said:
@Havoc1649 said:

Yep. And Pickett wears gloves. Has anyone worn professional NFL gloves? I've seen them and they are amazing in how grippy they are. I get why many WRers wear them, its a big advantage. But the dude did fumble a lot in college. 
Teddy is the only one who comes to mind that wears two gloves. I know Brady and Big Ben wear 1 glove

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@StickyBun said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@StickyBun said:
@Havoc1649 said:

Teddy is the only one who comes to mind that wears two gloves. I know Brady and Big Ben wear 1 glove
[Image: kenny-pickett-acc.jpg]
[Image: kenny-pickett.jpg]

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@Wetlander said:
@AGRforever said:

If you have to hope that accuracy will suddenly show up when he's making millions, it's a fool's bet. Barely over 60% in completions, under 100 in QBR and having thrown double digit int's, (twice as many as the year before). That's simply not a 1st rd. grade in any draft.   
It all comes down to why he is inaccurate. There are guys who simply can't anticipate where they need to get the ball, that is a problem you can't fix. Then there are mechanical deficiencies that lead to inaccurate passes. That is fixable, some of the time. In my opinion Willis' inaccuracy is two-fold. First, his footwork is inconsistent and he'll often arm the ball to his target(s). Its just not a consistent way to get the ball to your received. The second is that he doesn't throw with great tempo. He'll throw the 5 yard out as hard as he thrown the 40 yard bomb. It just naturally leads to a lot of drops. 

What I will saw about Malik is that he's naturally an accurate passer. Once he is moving in the pocket and throwing on the move, the ball is on the money. So it really proves its more of a mechanical issue in the pocket. With good coaching you would hope that would get better. But with that said if he can keep his completion rates in the mid 60%s in the NFL he will be just fine. 

My bigger worry with Malik is if he can consistently throw with touch on the boundaries. He'll need to do that to make it in the NFL and when he had to do it against Ole Miss it was a mess. 

Speaking of QB's...from today's GBN:

… While 2022 QB hopefuls Kenny Pickett, Malik Willis and Matt Corral all put in solid pro day workouts this week, more than one NFL personnel staffer will tell you that the most impressive QB to throw this week was Ohio State’s C.J. Stroud who won’t actually be draft eligible until next season when he figures to be a top ten candidate. Stroud, though, participated in the Buckeyes’ pro day today when he came out to throw to former teammates Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave. Most of the Buckeyes’ top prospects worked out at the combine and stood on their numbers from Indy; the one guy who didn’t go at the combine was TE Jeremy Ruckert who hoped to get on the field today, but showed up in a walking boot and remained on the sidelines …

Next years QB class looks special