Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Kwesi! NO!- Mannion Re-Signed
Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Not a fan of Mannion, but remember since Kirk has been the Vikings QB, he's had the ability to basically choose his backup. Mannion is a good sounding board for him and I would presume he wouldn't get more than the vet minimum. 
Why not hire him as a coach then? Mannion isn't a good enough player to warrant a roster spot.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
For the love of...
I know it's absurdly early but the new sound-- at least so far-- sounds a lot like the old sound.
Please sir may I have some *analytics genius*
Does seem like the old sound, that's for sure!

Spielman must have forgot one of his "how to GM" books in the office.

not even a coaching spot---if kirk wants a mannion  sack holder let him cough up for his consulting/inspirational pickup

At least we know the Wilfs overvalue the 20-21 rosters, that much is clear.

Are you guys nuts? Manning is awesome.  
I’m surprised he’s even considering a return, and as a backup no less.
Two Super Bowl victories with two different clubs, Hell, this is the best news Ive heard....

Wait.....

Oh Shit !

It's amazing that two shiny new guys who filled us with hope a month ago have so quickly got the fan base feeling like it's about to collectively throw up.  That is a neat trick and not a good sign.

Make Mannion a coach FFS. He doesn’t need to take up a roster spot. Bring in a real back up if you have no faith in Mond.  

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
if he is that valuable, offer him a fucking coaching gig,  but the only way he should ever wear a Vikings jersey again is if somebody buys him one.  if this comes to be count me as likely the first to say KAM is in over his head and has to go.  Absolutely zero damn upside to mannion on the roster.
Bingo...Problem solved. Then he and KC can giggle away together in the QB room. 

Giving him a roster spot is a credibility hit for the org imo.