Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harbaugh flying in, Ryans out!
Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
[Image: dg0MhkXS_bigger.jpg]
I just had a 1 1/2-minute phone conversation with Jim Harbaugh. He was friendly but wouldn’t confirm coming to Minnesota for #Vikings interview Wednesday. “I’m not confirming anything or denying anything.” He said “please don’t be offended” that he wouldn’t discuss his situation.

It's starting already.
Admittedly pay zero attention to local press so for my ignorance can you explain what it already happening?

I just had a 1 1/2-minute phone conversation with Jim Harbaugh. He was friendly but wouldn’t confirm coming to Minnesota for #Vikings interview Wednesday. “I’m not confirming anything or denying anything.” He said “please don’t be offended” that he wouldn’t discuss his situation.

It's starting already.
He does the due diligence that other Twin Cities journalists shy away from - they are too worried about losing their US Bank Stadium press buffet access.  :p

It's starting already.
Well there went any chance of Harbaugh coming to MN.

Quote: @bigbone62 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

It's starting already.
Admittedly pay zero attention to local press so for my ignorance can you explain what it already happening?
Barr said we could only hope that Harbaugh gets hired and then chokes TomASSon to death on live TV for asking a dumb question (IIRC).

Quote: @greediron said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

It's starting already.
Well there went any chance of Harbaugh coming to MN.
[Image: pzwlxuxgy0ri.jpeg]

One interesting angle for Harbaugh is Cousins.  Talk about two different personality types.  Could Harbaugh coach a "Dudley Do-Right" kind of guy like Cousins, or would he immediatedly want him gone?
[Image: 81Lwcv+PKqL._SX300_.jpg]

Quote: @HappyViking said:
One interesting angle for Harbaugh is Cousins.  Talk about two different personality types.  Could Harbaugh coach a "Dudley Do-Right" kind of guy like Cousins, or would he immediatedly want him gone?
[Image: 81Lwcv+PKqL._SX300_.jpg]

Jim will probably offer to personally vaccinate him…  :p 

I'd be interested to know what Harbaugh's reputation is among the coaching fraternity. What level of staff can he still attract? When at Michigan, it seemed that his brother threw him the life line in Mike McDonald for a year, but that's when he was in the college ranks. 

Who wants to join a staff led by a guy with a reputation of wearing out welcomes, and is quirky and awkward. The NFL is already the Not For Long league. How many of the innovative, bright, coordinators want to hitch their futures to Jimmah?  

Baalke was a disaster in SF, and is a disaster in Jacksonville. If anyone should get the benefit of the doubt, it should be Harbaugh. I trust Kwesi's judgement on this one to make the best coaching decision. We still don't know if this is Jim trying to sell Kwesi on why he deserves a shot with the Vikings or if Kwesi is the one pursuing Harbaugh. How many NFL Head Coaches make it past 4 years? Very few. Zimmer's 8 was an outlier. I'm all for bringing him in and rolling the dice. 

Alex Boone is pimping Harbaugh.  That tells me enough.