Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins for Mayfield deal in the works?
This wont happen. And the Vikings can do better. They will do better if they keep Kirk for another year and they will do better if they trade him.
This scenario only makes sense from Cleveland's perspective. It only makes sense for the Vikings if they are willing to throw away the first season of the new GM. I don't think that is what the Wilf's have in mind.

Quote: @JR44 said:
@prairieghost said:
So, when thinking about this from the players’ perspectives, would it seem at all possible that a certain young star WR (who is a close pal of another certain diva WR and his dad) would want any part of bringing Mayfield to Minny? Yeah, I can see JJ just loving this idea :/

The WR room may revolt, even if they aren’t always thrilled with Kirk either…
Bingo!  We have a winner!  There is no way this guy is coming here!  Also Kwesi has had a front row seat to his performance and doubt he is the guy he is going to want to build his franchise around.  

Baker played most of this year with a torn labrum he shouldn't have. OBJ cried his way out of town and that entire offense was a Mash unit all year long. His stats the year prior; 26 TD's, 8 Int's, and over 3500 yards passing in a run heavy, play action offense. He was the #1 overall pick because he has talent, although inconsistent thus far. Imagine if we hired O'Connell and ran a more innovative offense. To me that makes more sense having Mayfield as the quarterback, just like it makes all the sense in the world if you were the Browns to want Cousins because he fits so incredibly well into what they do offensively. 

We have a huge decision to make on Cousins. Kwesi alluded to that. To me the Browns make the most sense for all the reasons laid out in the "opinion" piece by the Browns beat writer. 

Quote: @prairieghost said:
So, when thinking about this from the players’ perspectives, would it seem at all possible that a certain young star WR (who is a close pal of another certain diva WR and his dad) would want any part of bringing Mayfield to Minny? Yeah, I can see JJ just loving this idea :/

The WR room may revolt, even if they aren’t always thrilled with Kirk either…
Agreed. Look how much better OBJ got when he left Cleveland for the Rams. QB has to have a significant impact on that.

Until I see Mary Kay Cabot, involved this is nothing but pure speculation imo. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Until I see Mary Kay Cabot involved this is nothing but pure speculation imo. 
wish i could find it. but i saw earlier a story that said she was one of the first to bring it up. the story had a screenshot of her on a podcast. 

Its all speculation at this point...it's the off-season, it's all speculation and rumor. What's not speculation is the Vikings need to make a decision on Cousins moving forward. This is a plausible trade idea that would work out for both teams. If the Vikings could move off that anchor of a contract, acquire the former #1 overall pick who's still only 26, acquire a 3rd round pick this year and a potential 1st in 2023 with a much stronger draft class...getty up! To me the Browns make the most sense in a Cousins trade, whatever that may be..

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@supafreak84 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
Absolutely nothing on Twitter to support this.

No link in the op?
https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikin...ld-browns/
Lol.

Heavy. Site and story are just pure speculation with zero credible sources.

This is no different than the offal that spews from Judd and Mackey.
I was just going to say that Judd and Mackey had this on their reckless speculation bit.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Its all speculation at this point...it's the off-season, it's all speculation and rumor. What's not speculation is the Vikings need to make a decision on Cousins moving forward. This is a plausible trade idea that would work out for both teams. If the Vikings could move off that anchor of a contract, acquire the former #1 overall pick who's still only 26, acquire a 3rd round pick this year and a potential 1st in 2023 with a much stronger draft class...getty up! To me the Browns make the most sense in a Cousins trade, whatever that may be..
 You gotta wonder what happened to Mayfield...

I think he's physically hurt myself. 

KAM is certainly going to have an insider perspective on him. 

I’m not buying this. It would be an absolutely moronic trade by the Vikings. Save very little, take a big hit in QB play, and get a 3r for the trouble? 2 firsts would be minimum. Dumb idea.