Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins for Mayfield deal in the works?
According to a Browns beat reporter, he believes the "dots are aligning" for a Cousins for Baker Mayfield swap. Cousins would reunite with Stefanski in Cleveland with the Browns paying 25 million of his upcoming salary. In return the Vikings would receive Baker Mayfield, a 3rd round pick, and a conditional pick that could elevate to a 1st round pick depending on production and playing time for Cousins. The hiring of Kwesi and his connection to the Browns has further stoked these fires...

This would be interesting. To me the Browns are the team to watch in a Cousins move 

Baker, 3rd round, and potentially a 1st for Kirk? I'm saying yes to that 100%

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Opportunity to rebuild the defense...

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@Hawkvike25 said:

Potentially, yes. I think it depends on if it's a sign and trade scenario to lower cap it first and potentially negotiate any dead cap between the two. Simplicity sake it saves us $26MM which puts us under by $14MM. $7-$8MM for draft class gives us $7MM to work with and that doesn't include cap savings from a Thielen restructure. Those savings alone could get us one of these LB's that are on the market to pair with Kendricks, or a corner worth a damn.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@Hawkvike25 said:

If its a first in 23 you use that pick to get your QB!!

I would say this is bullshit but the details seem roughly accurate and I'm reminded that the Stafford/Goff deal was hammered out around this time last year. 

Wouldn't you want to get a HC and new system in place prior to making any roster moves?  I'm guessing this is driven by a browns beat writer or such that isn't a fan of baker.

Kirk gone means the Vikings don’t have to pay big $ for a good QB. Then what?
Mayfield has been less than stellar, so he’s probably not the long term answer. Mond? Who the hell knows? But I wouldn’t count on him being the man. More misses than hits where he was taken in the draft.
Draft a new guy this year? Who? Less than stellar crop of QBs coming out in the draft.
As much as I don’t like the $ being owed Cousins this upcoming season, I also don’t like the thought of going through retreads, nobody’s, and reaches in the draft playing QB.

My god, has everyone forgotten about the absolute pieces of shit that played QB for the Vikings over the last 15 - 20 years?

Mayfield is owed 18M this year.  You want us to pick up 25M of Kirks salary.  That's a cap savings of $2M and a third rounder plus a conditional.
I know some of yall hate Kirk but damn, the guy is a top couple QB.  Lets see what a new coach can get out of him before we kick him to the curb.  Its not like there's a Mahomes/Allen in the draft we can go get. 

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
Kirk gone means the Vikings don’t have to pay big $ for a good QB. Then what?
Mayfield has been less than stellar, so he’s probably not the long term answer. 
Mond? Who the hell knows? But I wouldn’t count on him being the man. More misses than hits where he was taken in the draft.
Draft a new guy this year? Who? Less than stellar crop of QBs coming out in the draft.
As much as I don’t like the $ being owed Cousins this upcoming season, I also don’t like the thought of going through retreads, nobody’s, and reaches in the draft playing QB.

My god, has everyone forgotten about the absolute pieces of shit that played QB for the Vikings over the last 15 - 20 years?
Cleveland hasn't.