Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its a really crappy NFL QB Draft class upcoming isn't it?
I'd say 60% he gets extended, say 3 years for $105 million
35% chance he gets traded, for a deal slightly richer than what the Eagles got for Wentz
5% chance he plays out existing contract.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
35% chance he gets traded, for a deal slightly richer than what the Eagles got for Wentz
The thing you posted on the other thread about how Kwesi/Cleveland were hesitant to extend Baker was interesting. I think Kirk is quite a bit better than Baker but still, it’s a similar situation of, “yeah this guy is good, but can we win a championship?”. What KAM does here will be very telling with how he sees Kirk for sure.

Sidenote this is also the reason I don’t see Cleveland as a likely trade destination for Kirk, despite the speculation. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
The thing you posted on the other thread about how Kwesi/Cleveland were hesitant to extend Baker was interesting. I think Kirk is quite a bit better than Baker but still, it’s a similar situation of, “yeah this guy is good, but can we win a championship?”. What KAM does here will be very telling with how he sees Kirk for sure.

Sidenote this is also the reason I don’t see Cleveland as a likely trade destination for Kirk, despite the speculation. 
Cleveland is probably only a reasonable destination if Stefanski really does like Kirk. They have a great OL and if they draft a WR in the first round then you may have some solid weapons around him...no clue how he really feels about him though.

Rodgers will somewhat determine trade destinations too as both the Steelers and Broncos are probably targeting him. Maybe Kirk is a fallback plan for either team? Outside of Pitt, Denver, and Cleveland I'm not sure where Kirk would go? 

I doubt Russell Wilson would agree to come to Minnesota and his contract wouldnt really help our cap situation. WFT has a different GM from when Kirk was there so maybe Ron would want Kirk? I dont know if anyone knows what the hell is going on in Miami?

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

With KAM being an analytics guy, you wonder if he'll look at Cousins and decide he can build a better team with a cheaper QB and the draft assets you'd get from trading Cousins?

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@pattersaur said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

With KAM being an analytics guy, you wonder if he'll look at Cousins and decide he can build a better team with a cheaper QB and the draft assets you'd get from trading Cousins?
I'd be surprised if that's what the analytics tell him, but it's possible. 

There are probably 10 teams who’d take a hard look at Cousins, depending on others movement possibly one or two more. The views on him in the media and fan base are widely irrational and unsupported by any objective measure. He’s a very good QB. His problem is his price tag and that’s what we are really discussing when looking at moving on. 
Unless we can ensure replacing Cousins with Rogers, Wilson, or similar level player, we will be taking a significant drop in our likelihood of fielding a championship level team for the foreseeable future. Guy’s like Jimmy G would be a step back and still cost the same as Cousins will with a new contract. The 49ers win despite the guy. I’ve seen him make more bonehead plays in the playoffs than I saw Cousins make all year. Realistically, QB is one of the main problems we DON’T have if the price tag is addressed. 
If we want to trade, the opportunity will be there for significant compensation. That isn’t the problem. Replacing his abilities is where there must be a viable answer. You’re not going to bring in Teddy Bridgewater to this team and win a ton of games. It just isn’t happening with this defense. So it’s a major gamble if they go this route and it could be years before we have adequate talent at the position to make a run. I’m hopeful our new GM is able to recognize why we lose games and address those specific problems, instead of wasting time and opportunity trying to magically make a new super QB that can win regardless of how many points his defense gives up at the last second. 

i think if Brock Purdy frim ISU is still around in round 4 or 5 the Vikings should take a flyer on him.  he is just the type of player that slips beneath the radar but look at what he did in the Big 12 at Iowa State.  he is a gamer with decent athleticism and a stronger arm than you would think.  might be the sleeper of the draft.  Purdy completed 71.7 percent of his passes this season — also a school record — while throwing for 3,188 yards, 19 touchdowns and eight interceptions. ISU was a run first offense with Breece Hall.

They said bad year for QB's the year Ryan and Flacco got drafted........and look they both went to superbowls.  You never know.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
I mentioned Bailey Zappe of Western Kentucky in another thread as a prospect that I'm keeping an eye on as the evaluation period continues. Won't be a first round pick & I'm unsure where he'll be drafted. Selected to play in the Senior Bowl on 2/5, so I'm eager to see how he fares against higher level competition.

My only reservation about drafting him is that he's probably not as good as a prospect as Mond & if you're going to draft another QB to develop, it should be one with a higher ceiling.
Quote:
Desmond RidderQB6-4215CincinnatiSR

Again, subject to change.

QB2 is Pickett. Very similar rise to Burrow. Prior to his senior year, Burrow was an early Day 3 guy. I think the same can be said about Pickett.

Got enough wheels, but not a super threat like Willis.

But, the 8.25" hands will always bug me. 24 will bug me.

Having to make this decision would make me...Kwesi.