Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its a really crappy NFL QB Draft class upcoming isn't it?
Man, so many questions marks on all of these prospects. Are they even first round worthy? Tough time to need or want a QB. And of course as Viking's fans, we have no idea about Mond. Yes, he shouldn't have sniffed the field behind Cousins but he wasn't even #2. And Zimmer never even talked about the kid. Hard to know if they view him as a guy with upside or not. And you look at Davis Mills drafted right behind him and he looked decent at times in Houston. 

*ahem*

Some guy.

Been saying this.

For...months.

[Image: eiwq5bn5vyqz.jpeg]

Its really brutal, even if you do 20 minutes of research. Yikes. I mean a guy might pop, but whom?

We really learned nothing on Mond,  In hindsight,  the way Zimmer and Rick were battling,  Mond being buried on the depth chart may have had nothing to do with his abilities and more to do with zims pissing match with the front office.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Its really brutal, even if you do 20 minutes of research. Yikes. I mean a guy might pop, but whom?
It's truly bad. Pickett might be the best of the bunch, but yikes indeed. 

I will say, having caught a bunch of Mond games in college, he at least looks like a prospect. Until you watch him more. Then he'll look undraftable. Until you watch him more. Then he'll look pretty good. Until you watch him more. Then he looks like the real deal.

Maddening

2000 was probably the worst QB class ever, with only one QB considered a 1st round guy, and a late one at that. Pennington went 18th overall, next guy in the 3rd round. 

BUT....that's also the year Tom Brady was drafted. 

I'm hoping that someone with more knowledge of college football than I have does a deep dive comparing the top 5 QB prospects vs. Mond.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
2000 was probably the worst QB class ever, with only one QB considered a 1st round guy, and a late one at that. Pennington went 18th overall, next guy in the 3rd round. 

BUT....that's also the year Tom Brady was drafted. 
Excellent point!

There may be a diamond in the rough out there. Girls gotta hope!!! 

KC will never be a Mahomes or Allen, but after watching the divisional games? He's probably the best we got till they draft someone else better. IF they ever do. 

He's gotta re-do that contract though. 

it is being mentioned as one of the all time worst QB classes

top 3;
3. 2013
Notables: EJ Manuel (Round 1, Bills), Geno Smith (Round 2, Jets), Mike Glennon (Round 3, Buccaneers), Matt Barkley (Round 4, Eagles), Ryan Nassib (Round 4, Giants), Landry Jones (Round 4, Steelers)

2. 1996
Notables: Tony Banks (Round 2, Rams), Bobby Hoying (Round 3, Eagles), Jeff Lewis (Round 4, Broncos), Danny Kanell (Round 4, Giants), Damon Huard (undrafted, Bengals), Ray Lucas (undrafted, Patriots)

1. 2007
Notables: JaMarcus Russell (Round 1, Raiders), Brady Quinn (Round 1, Browns), Kevin Kolb (Round 2, Eagles), John Beck (Round 2, Dolphins), Drew Stanton (Round 2, Lions), Trent Edwards (Round 3, Bills), Troy Smith (Round 5, Ravens), Tyler Thigpen (Round 7, Vikings), Matt Moore (undrafted, Panthers)