Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its a GREAT morning, people!
All the Cousins haters in the Twit-o-sphere like to point to plays where Cousins throws into coverage with another receiver wide open. As if every single QB in the NFL doesn't also do this.

Case in point. Rodgers has plenty of time here. Another 1/4 second and he would see the routes fully realized...and two receivers open in single coverage. The crosser so open there isn't a defender within 10 yards. 

Instead, Rodgers throws into the only receiver who's double covered. 

https://twitter.com/BigtextKevin/status/...29378?s=20

What an awesome day 

[Image: wq36qxik9cqu.gif]

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
All the Cousins haters in the Twit-o-sphere like to point to plays where Cousins throws into coverage with another receiver wide open. As if every single QB in the NFL doesn't also do this.

Case in point. Rodgers has plenty of time here. Another 1/4 second and he would see the routes fully realized...and two receivers open in single coverage. The crosser so open there isn't a defender within 10 yards. 

Wow that's really bad.  That basically cost them the game last night as I believe they punted on the next play and never got the ball back.

Great example of how you can't judge a QB off of any single play.  However, my issue is that while Cousins can look great at times, I don't believe he has the leadership capabilities or the coolness under pressure to ever lead the Vikings to the promised land.  If Mond has no chance of succeeding next year, then I'm ok with keeping Cousins if he is our best short-term option, but the Vikings need to do everything they possibly can in order to get us a long-term QB of the future.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of his personally, but I would love the Vikings to look into seeing what it would take to get Russell Wilson here.

The pack are paper tigers, they play a soft schedule and are added by biased refs every year. 

They get to the playoffs and all of the sudden they are playing better teams, officiated by the top rated refs, who ate highly aware that the entire world is watching so they are doing their best to take out any bias.   

[Image: tvlu7oej6h37.png]

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
@MaroonBells said:

Wow that's really bad.  That basically cost them the game last night as I believe they punted on the next play and never got the ball back.

Great example of how you can't judge a QB off of any single play.  However, my issue is that while Cousins can look great at times, I don't believe he has the leadership capabilities or the coolness under pressure to ever lead the Vikings to the promised land.  If Mond has no chance of succeeding next year, then I'm ok with keeping Cousins if he is our best short-term option, but the Vikings need to do everything they possibly can in order to get us a long-term QB of the future.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of his personally, but I would love the Vikings to look into seeing what it would take to get Russell Wilson here.
Don't disagree with any of that. 

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@SFVikingFan said:
Really, really hope this is the final blow that ends the Packers’ ridiculous 30 year run of having a Hall of Fame QB at the helm.  Time for 30 years of Brett Hundleys to average everything out.
Or Jerry Tagges. 
...or the man, the myth, the legend, Mr. Randy Wright.

Ah yes, gotta love a good mystery, & the beautiful one is over…!  Wink B) :p  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@SFVikingFan said:
@MaroonBells said:

Don't disagree with any of that. 
No thanks on Wilson. Dual threat QB's over 30 are like unicorns, he hasn't been to a SB in 7 yrs., and lest we forget, he screwed the pooch on the last play to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. The super bowl teams he was part of were built around "beastmode" and a a ball hawking defense. If I'm a new GM I'm not dropping multiple high picks and eating a ton of salary for a guy who's game depends on his wheels that could fall off and ultimately be stuck with Gary Coleman.