Quote: @JR44 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
2nd year HC
1st year GM
Vs
12 yr GM
7th year HC

Seems like a fair comparison
One team was suppose to be a Super Bowl contender and the other is right where they were expected to be, I would say the Browns by far are the bigger disappointment. 
I dont think many really thought the browns were a legit SB contender.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
The one coach that left here (and that I was really pissed about at the time) was Tomlin. I was so over Chilly and I knew Tomlin was going to be a good one. 

Hard to believe that was what? 14 or 15 years ago now????
The one that "got away" that bothers me most was when Tony Dungy left but we kept "De Knee".  Dungy would've been an awesome Viking HC.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
2nd year HC
1st year GM
Vs
12 yr GM
7th year HC

Seems like a fair comparison
One team was suppose to be a Super Bowl contender and the other is right where they were expected to be, I would say the Browns by far are the bigger disappointment. 
I dont think many really thought the browns were a legit SB contender.

To be fair......we weren't either.

https://tenor.com/view/letterkenny-to-be...f-16087355

If the Browns won last night with a 3rd string QB and 20 players on Covid they would have been in first place in the AFC North.  They lost on the Carlson 48yd kick to end the game and are now last place Smile

Some fans seem to want to focus on the one that got away or reverse and say, "see they are no better".  Like, look the grass is not greener, even though there is no way to know that.  Silly IMO.  

I wanted Spelly gone a few years ago but had no strong vibe for Stefanski at all.  Hot coaches come and go about every 8 weeks.  Our list of potential candidates has changed drastically from the beginning of the year to now.  

Stefanski won coach of the year award last season and his team is still in a division hunt.  The Browns have not had back-to-back winning seasons in over 20 years.  Stefanski has righted that organizational ship, but it is still in murky water after losing for so long.  They are the Lions of the AFC North and that is not an easy accomplishment.  

By all accounts Paton's first draft has been very productive and his trade of Von Miller was also graded well by almost all analysts/pundits.  He did decide to pass on Fields and Mac Jones.  I think Paton had his eye on Rodgers for so long and still does.  Paton inherited his coaching staff, and he might be putting more of a stamp on his team in year two...maybe he will hire Zimmer and have him coach Rodgers.  Next year, if the endless rumors of Rodgers playing for Denever comes true then Paton will look like a genius.  

Back to our grass and our yard.

Who are we going to hire as our next HC?
Are we keeping Spelly?  

If they are all 7-7 it only proves you can take the personnel out of the Vikings but you can't take the Viking out of the personnel.

Quote: @Still Hurtn said:
If they are all 7-7 it only proves you can take the personnel out of the Vikings but you can't take the Viking out of the personnel.
The truth hurts.....lol.