Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Lochstar
Quote: @GeorgiaVike said:
I received this message from Loch’s neice last night. Just thought I’d share. :

Hi. Albert has been battling liver failure and intestinal blockages. The cause of both seems to be related to a gastric procedure he has a few years ago.  Unfortunately, there is nothing more that could be done, and he has come home on hospice care. I have never seen anyone fight or try as hard as Albert. This spring he was given a almost 0% chance of survival abs here he is, still fighting! He gave it more than his all, but has now left it in God's hands. The past 6 months has been full of nasal feeding tubes, ICU stays, surgeries, aspiration pneumonia,  TPN nutrition and so many other complex medical efforts and complications that it is time for the poor man to rest.

It warms my heart to see just how far Albert's light has shined on this world. I am his niece and I have always thought the world of him and looked up to him. I'm so glad that so many people out there got the chance to meet him, and experience that joy that is Albert. His life may be short, but he sure has made his impact
My wife and I put her sister and Mother in hospice within a 6 month period: thank god for those wonderful people at hospice. The suffering that some people endure until they get there (like poor Albert) can be a nightmare and also for the family members that are care giving for them. It takes a huge emotional and mental toll. I know from my experience at hospice that Albert isn't suffering any longer, they make sure of that (those that have put a loved in hospice understand what I am saying). 

Enjoy life while you can, everyone. Nothing is guaranteed. Make sure and tell those you care about you love them and how wonderful they are. 

I lost both my Dad and Mom through hospice care which was necessary at the time.  I don't wish this on nobody to have to go through...very painful and heart breaking.  God Bless Lockstar and family.

Yup, god bless the hospice angels....They helped us transition my MIL out of this world a few years back,.

They're special people

As for Loch, it sure breaks my heart to here someone so kind and gentle has had to suffer like this. I hope he finds peace & tranquility soon. 

I sent another Facebook post to Al this morning, telling him how many people have been talking about him on VikeFans. I sent it because I understand all the Facebook posts are being read to him. And also I guess because it made me feel better to do. Hanging out with the Loch man was always great fun.

GV, I remember when we popped on Loch's radio show and had some fun chats while jamming out to a wide range of music years ago. Really sad to hear this...  

Thanks for keeping us updated.  Hope you and Mrs. GV are doing well.

Caactorvike and Wetlander, it’s all about love and humanity to me. Like all of us, Loch has his quirks. However, unlike me, he was always smart enough to keep any negative comments to himself. He’s truly a great man.

I absolutely miss talking to a number of you and have appreciated the PM’s and kind words. 

I’m devastated about one of our close friends. A great man who has brought a ton of joy and laughter to our lives. Whether it was via board, tailgate, picnic or RadioRiff. He was a good man. 

To all of you i may have pissed off or offended over the years, I do apologize. I used to get too involved in opinions and mine was always right, just ask me. lol. 

As of this moment, I still couldn’t give a shit about the NFL, but that’s my opinion. I’m glad to see you all carrying on with the board, as that’s what fantics should do. Kudos!!

Anyway, I’m done with my mini rant/tell all… But, I hope you all have a blessed and safe holiday season. God bless and keep being you… and God bless Loch and his family. This one is hitting me hard. 

Be good to one another. ✌

Very sorry to hear the news on Loch, and thank you for bringing it to our attention GV.  Loch is a very cool dude and he cranked out "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'" by the Stones for me at really fun Longshipper tailgate party while my son and I were tossing around a football.  It was a fantastic day (temp in the 80s) and the Vikes won while having Teddy make his debut as a starting QB. 
Very sad news, and like you all said, Al is one of the kind, good guys in this world.

Al and I went to a hot pepper festival in the park. It was everything to do with hot peppers. The combinations for dessert sauces were amazing. Anyway there were some pepper eating challenges and Al was like should I or shouldn't I. He was like I am going to regret this. He did it but afterwards there was a pause and he is screaming my butthole is burning, my butthole is burning. Omg! Everyone was laughing. He was running around in circles saying what did I just do. My stomach hurt so hard from laughing and I was crying. I just thought of that last night. He looked like a cartoon character running around like that. A gentleman and a joker, that is definitely Al.

Sorry to hear Loch isn't doing well. Met him years ago at TCF and I'm not sure he left TCF even after the game lol. Prayers for a full recovery!