Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Lochstar
Always sad to hear. As we get older, you hear about old friends or acquaintances that have health issues, serious ones, and I think its always best to remember the good times and celebrate the person they are and were. The good, genuine ones are special. Godspeed to Lochstar. 

I am going to pin this over the next few weeks,  I have reached out to Al personally and I know a few others are trying as well.  If anybody gets a reply and is willing to share it,  please post it here.

Just finding out.  Great memories with that dude, one of a kind .    ROCK ON LOCH! 

Loch’s sister is making sure he see’s all reaponses to her FB post. please stop by and send him a message. 

I don't have FB, but send him my prayers as well.  One of the guys I always wanted to meet.  Those TC camping stories sound like a blast.  

Quote: @GeorgiaVike said:
Loch’s sister is making sure he see’s all reaponses to her FB post. please stop by and send him a message. 
Al (AH) was a vital owner in my & pumpf's  FF leagues, til we quit FF leagues last year.  

Great guy, poster, and FF league owner/player! 

Somehow, we're not FB friends.  Sent you a pm, GV.  

One of my favorite posters... good luck and health to him.

I was given this info over the weekend, and I still can’t process it. Al/Loch is a Viking Brother through and through. I have many great memories ranging from tailgating, camping/training camp, and he stayed at my home before a Vikefans tailgate. Although it has been a few years since I last talked with Al, I knew I had his phone number before. I’ve gone through some weird contact info when my last phone died, but I was able to somehow find his contact in the cloud. I will try to reach out to him there and send out our positive experiences and love.
Damn.

It's good to hear from you GeorgiaVike and wish you well.  Sending prayers to Lochstar.

I received this message from Loch’s neice last night. Just thought I’d share. :

Hi. Albert has been battling liver failure and intestinal blockages. The cause of both seems to be related to a gastric procedure he has a few years ago.  Unfortunately, there is nothing more that could be done, and he has come home on hospice care. I have never seen anyone fight or try as hard as Albert. This spring he was given a almost 0% chance of survival abs here he is, still fighting! He gave it more than his all, but has now left it in God's hands.
 The past 6 months has been full of nasal feeding tubes, ICU stays, surgeries, aspiration pneumonia,  TPN nutrition and so many other complex medical efforts and complications that it is time for the poor man to rest.

It warms my heart to see just how far Albert's light has shined on this world. I am his niece and I have always thought the world of him and looked up to him. I'm so glad that so many people out there got the chance to meet him, and experience that joy that is Albert. His life may be short, but he sure has made his impact