Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thielen comments
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@prairieghost said:
Does Rick go too, or just Zim? For better or worse, I think Rick stays. I could be way off about that though.
No, you're right. There is an obvious problem...and it sure as hell ain't Rick Spielman. No, that whole "rebuild from the ground up" nonsense is just talk radio blather. This isn't the Jets or the Texans. Teams like this don't do complete rebuilds. 
3 playoff wins in 16 years. I don't want Rick picking the next head coach. The talent level and drafts are nothing to brag about. They need a fresh perspective from outside the building that is obvious.

Quote: @kmillard said:
@MaroonBells said:
@prairieghost said:
Does Rick go too, or just Zim? For better or worse, I think Rick stays. I could be way off about that though.
No, you're right. There is an obvious problem...and it sure as hell ain't Rick Spielman. No, that whole "rebuild from the ground up" nonsense is just talk radio blather. This isn't the Jets or the Texans. Teams like this don't do complete rebuilds. 
3 playoff wins in 16 years. I don't want Rick picking the next head coach. The talent level and drafts are nothing to brag about. The need a fresh perspective from outside the building that is obvious.
I had read something where both of Zimmer's playoff wins are when they have blown a second half lead, may even be 4th quarter leads, and then the offense bailed them out for a W. Sound familiar based on this season? It's time for him to go. I'm so in the middle on Spielman as he has drafted some really nice players in the later rounds, but he has also whiffed enormously on some first round picks. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@prairieghost said:
I am leaning towards cleaning out the front office as well as the coaching staff.   sell me on Spielman.

Quote: @kmillard said:
@MaroonBells said:
@prairieghost said:
3 playoff wins in 16 years. I don't want Rick picking the next head coach. The talent level and drafts are nothing to brag about. They need a fresh perspective from outside the building that is obvious.
Or the next QB…!!! 

Diggs had nothing to do with Cousins. He’s been clear on that. He had major issues with the offensive scheme and the conservatism of the coaches. He was right too, and it’s still a problem this year.