Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOZIER Hospitalized with COVID - Most dramatic franchise in all of sports
I had covid and it was like a nasty cold, nothing more. Most people I know had the same experience who had it, and that is a swath that extends internationally. So its affects vary.

Quote: @Waterboy said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Caactorvike said:
Prayers for a speedy recovery. I wouldn’t wish COVID on anybody.
I think it's become very apparent that its not about the virus or vaccine.  This is a topic that should likely be off limits for the main board,   even when it is directly football related.  To many  seem unable or unwilling to be able to talk it without it becoming political or personal .

I get what you're saying.  I feel it's a one-sided lashing, though.  I personally have absolutely NOTHING against those who choose to get vaccinated.  It is their right to do so, and I support that right, and I have never once called someone who has taken it stupid (I don't think Smile ).  However, there was a very vocal part of this board that labeled everyone who didn't agree with their viewpoints as stupid, selfish, and lesser people because of their beliefs.  Since then, it's very difficult to sit back and watch things unravel exactly as predicted and not make that point, especially when it's conveniently ignored ten posts into a discussion.  

I have said my prayers for Dozier, and there's definitely a trend developing with these shots and athletes, with the shot either becoming less effective, or posing a special risk for adverse reactions to the vaccine itself.  Of course, you won't find many articles on this, but there are a lot of examples. 

WORLDWIDE SURGE OF SPORTS PEOPLE SUFFERING SUDDEN HEALTH ISSUES AND DEATH (notonthebeeb.co.uk)
Lolz you got banned for a bit because you called multiple people dumbfucks repeatedly and the only time you ever comment on threads is when COVID is involved. Stop trying to play innocent.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Waterboy said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Caactorvike said:
I think it's become very apparent that its not about the virus or vaccine.  This is a topic that should likely be off limits for the main board,   even when it is directly football related.  To many  seem unable or unwilling to be able to talk it without it becoming political or personal .

I get what you're saying.  I feel it's a one-sided lashing, though.  I personally have absolutely NOTHING against those who choose to get vaccinated.  It is their right to do so, and I support that right, and I have never once called someone who has taken it stupid (I don't think Smile ).  However, there was a very vocal part of this board that labeled everyone who didn't agree with their viewpoints as stupid, selfish, and lesser people because of their beliefs.  Since then, it's very difficult to sit back and watch things unravel exactly as predicted and not make that point, especially when it's conveniently ignored ten posts into a discussion.  

I have said my prayers for Dozier, and there's definitely a trend developing with these shots and athletes, with the shot either becoming less effective, or posing a special risk for adverse reactions to the vaccine itself.  Of course, you won't find many articles on this, but there are a lot of examples. 

WORLDWIDE SURGE OF SPORTS PEOPLE SUFFERING SUDDEN HEALTH ISSUES AND DEATH (notonthebeeb.co.uk)
thats my point,  they took a shot,  you feel the need to return fire,  this subject is just not something that needs to be discussed further on a football board.  its proven to be too divisive for those here to discuss without it devolving to a petty pissing match so it just needs to be over. 
I have to admit that you make a good point.  I am a huge Vikings fan, and have been for many years, but I find myself seeking out posts about the vaccine more than commenting on our team.  I'll try not to seek out only the vaccine posts, and only comment if and when the days of one-sided domination and belittling starts to occur like existed not so long ago here.  

Quote: @Waterboy said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Waterboy said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Caactorvike said:

thats my point,  they took a shot,  you feel the need to return fire,  this subject is just not something that needs to be discussed further on a football board.  its proven to be too divisive for those here to discuss without it devolving to a petty pissing match so it just needs to be over. 
I have to admit that you make a good point.  I am a huge Vikings fan, and have been for many years, but I find myself seeking out posts about the vaccine more than commenting on our team.  I'll try not to seek out only the vaccine posts, and only comment if and when the days of one-sided domination and belittling starts to occur like existed not so long ago here.  
let them talk,   it doesnt affect you or your opinion,  if they make it personal with you,  report them and walk away,  or just walk away.  there is no winner of the internet,  no post of the day,  no gotcha awards.  its just not worth it,  you are more likely to change somebodies position on abortion or guns than to move them on covid at this point.

@Waterboy said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Waterboy said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Caactorvike said:

let them talk,   it doesnt affect you or your opinion,  if they make it personal with you,  report them and walk away,  or just walk away.  there is no winner of the internet,  no post of the day,  no gotcha awards.  its just not worth it,  you are more likely to change somebodies position on abortion or guns than to move them on covid at this point.
As pertains to this board, you're probably right.  In real life, the numbers are moving slowly but significantly.  I feel that educating and challenging people to actually go outside of the mainstream media and the govt for their information is critical to our future not just for covid, but in all areas of life.  But a Vikings site admittedly isn't the place to get that all done.  And this board seems to have very few persuadable types to your point.  Smile

Let's be honest, their are only about 15-20 regular posters on this site.  We know where everyone stands on the Vax issue.  Let's be adults and stop trying to validate your opinion, instigate or prove your right when the topic of Covid comes up.  

This is a football/entertainment/game site.  I don't think anyone should ever come to this site for anything other then entertainment like my awesome sarcasm.  If someone has the unquenched thirsts to educate us on Health issues like Covid and Vax then go to a non football site or "Other" thread and yell into abyss.  

@Waterboy said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Waterboy said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Caactorvike said:

Post of the day right here.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@Waterboy said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Caactorvike said:

Lolz you got banned for a bit because you called multiple people dumbfucks repeatedly and the only time you ever comment on threads is when COVID is involved. Stop trying to play innocent.
This.

What?? Who me?? At least own it. 

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@Waterboy said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Caactorvike said:

I was not ever "banned"  Furthermore, my post does not in any way say I was innocent. In fact, I admitted quite the opposite and that I find myself seeking out COVID posts.  Reading is a tough thing I guess.  And my posts took on the "dumbfucks" line as a response to the initial crowd labeling everyone who disagreed with them being of very low intelligence.  I may have called individuals "dumbfucks" in jest, but it was more to antagonize the low IQ's who were guilty of verbal diarrhea, not for the choice to vaccinate or not.  You really don't seem to have the tool set to argue either football or the vaccine in an intelligent manner, so I do need to take that in context in my replies to you. Smile