Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow....Bears got it with no lube tonight
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Norse said:
That is the reason I quit watching NFL games a couple years ago.
I follow the scores and the forums. But my Sundays are free for other activities.
I'm getting closer to this. I still enjoy NFL football, but I shut it down now when the Vikings are obviously not going to be good (like this year) and find other things to fill my Sundays. I will not be watching football this weekend for the first time this year. When the weather here in south Florida will be 79 degrees, no humidity/low humidity (from now until about mid-April the weather is OUTSTANDING down here) and its actually so beautiful in the shade, the decision is easy. So having a late lunch with some drinks, sitting outside at a restaurant watching the palm trees sway in the breeze on the intercoastal waterway, listening to a small smooth jazz band beats the hell out of watching Zimmer's shit show. 
Thanks for the invite

I'm still watching but it is getting harder to stomach. Watching this team is hard but I'm more frustrated with the refs. That bullshit horse collar call on 4th down almost had me shutting off the TV.  God, that pissed me off. These fucking refs can control any game any way that they want and NOTHING ever happens to them. I don't know if they are actually favoring a certain team or not but they sure can fuck up the flow of the game. one call can totally change momentum. I didn't watch the Chicago game but it sounds like the refs made it very hard for Chicago to win that game.
I think the refs need to have press conferences and be held accountable, and if someone is favoring a certain team, jail time should be an option. Some people have a lot of money riding on these games and the refs can pretty much dictate who scores and when.

If I give up on the NFL completely, it'll be because of the referees.

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
@Vanguard83 said:
Serious Question - When did you as a fan first realize that officials were on the take?
the Hail Mary pass. Drew Pearson told me personally at Football camp he pushed off. still makes me sick to this day! And Van, hows island life treating you? surfing, fishing, hiking biking everyday? if I remember correctly, yoir son playing Football? 
The Hail Mary game was traumatic for me as a kid, (especially finding out Tarkentons dad had died), but I never really considered that the refs would THROW a game until I was much older...I had moments of speculation, but it was the “tuck” game that pushed me off the edge.

me too guys....love my Vikings, but refs have ruined the NFL for me.  starting to watch more college ball.

Life is good here, I started teaching and coaching again, so not as much beach life as Id like, and I get to see my son on the field every day.  He made varsity as a sophmore and plays both O line, D line and special teams....the only haole (at 180 lbs) in a group of Hawaiians, Samoans, Marshallese, and Tongans whose average weight is 260.  But Kyle is fast off the ball, his strength, footwork and hand fighting are all excellent, and more times than not, beats his man. (He trains in the offseason with “tip of the spear” and also a coach here who was a DE at Clemson) Been feeding him A LOT, but cant seem to get north of 180. The boys have all accepted him as one of them & couple of the guys have said “Damn brah...you just keep comin!”

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@Mike Olson said:
@StickyBun said:
@Norse said:
I follow the scores and the forums. But my Sundays are free for other activities.
I'm getting closer to this. I still enjoy NFL football, but I shut it down now when the Vikings are obviously not going to be good (like this year) and find other things to fill my Sundays. I will not be watching football this weekend for the first time this year. When the weather here in south Florida will be 79 degrees, no humidity/low humidity (from now until about mid-April the weather is OUTSTANDING down here) and its actually so beautiful in the shade, the decision is easy. So having a late lunch with some drinks, sitting outside at a restaurant watching the palm trees sway in the breeze on the intercoastal waterway, listening to a small smooth jazz band beats the hell out of watching Zimmer's shit show. 
Yeah Sticky that’s where I am at now too. Well, I don’t have palm trees but still…

Funny, I must be an idiot then because I watch the Vikings to the bitter end of the season...

Nah you just likely have more time and more intestinal fortitude than I.

Kids stuff has gotten to be pretty busy for me again. Always that way at the beginning of hockey season. And frankly the vikes just haven’t given me any reason to make them more of a priority. 

Next year hopefully brings a new coaching staff and the excitement of seeing how they will go about things.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@StickyBun said:
@Norse said:
Thanks for the invite
[Image: Tonga_Room___Hurricane_Bar_-_941826-2.0.0.jpg]

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
This one was ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1...pKDRJezzhA&s=19
That wasn't what the penalty was for.  The contact was weird, neither person tried to avoid it.  but the penalty was for staring at the steeler sideline like he was a bad dude.  Real stupid, but seeing his choice of hair styles, it wasn't his first stupid choice.

Edit:  watch the whole play.  His coach knows what he did wrong.

I was just wondering what the ref was doing. I don't think I have ever seen that before.

I watched this live back in the day.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
I was just wondering what the ref was doing. I don't think I have ever seen that before.
My only thought is bracing for impact?  I should say, my only possible good thought.  Other than that, he intentionally gets in the way?