Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow....Bears got it with no lube tonight
Serious Question - When did you as a fan first realize that officials were on the take?

For me it was the “tuck rule” game between the Pats and Raiders.

Even Brady later admitted it was a fumble

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Serious Question - When did you as a fan first realize that officials were on the take?
the Hail Mary pass. Drew Pearson told me personally at Football camp he pushed off. still makes me sick to this day! And Van, hows island life treating you? surfing, fishing, hiking biking everyday? if I remember correctly, yoir son playing Football? 

That is the reason I quit watching NFL games a couple years ago.
I follow the scores and the forums. But my Sundays are free for other activities.

Quote: @Norse said:
I follow the scores and the forums. But my Sundays are free for other activities.
I'm getting closer to this. I still enjoy NFL football, but I shut it down now when the Vikings are obviously not going to be good (like this year) and find other things to fill my Sundays. I will not be watching football this weekend for the first time this year. When the weather here in south Florida will be 79 degrees, no humidity/low humidity (from now until about mid-April the weather is OUTSTANDING down here) and its actually so beautiful in the shade, the decision is easy. So having a late lunch with some drinks, sitting outside at a restaurant watching the palm trees sway in the breeze on the intercoastal waterway, listening to a small smooth jazz band beats the hell out of watching Zimmer's shit show. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Norse said:
I'm getting closer to this. I still enjoy NFL football, but I shut it down now when the Vikings are obviously not going to be good (like this year) and find other things to fill my Sundays. I will not be watching football this weekend for the first time this year. When the weather here in south Florida will be 79 degrees, no humidity/low humidity (from now until about mid-April the weather is OUTSTANDING down here) and its actually so beautiful in the shade, the decision is easy. So having a late lunch with some drinks, sitting outside at a restaurant watching the palm trees sway in the breeze on the intercoastal waterway, listening to a small smooth jazz band beats the hell out of watching Zimmer's shit show. 
Yeah Sticky that’s where I am at now too. Well, I don’t have palm trees but still…

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@StickyBun said:
@Norse said:
Yeah Sticky that’s where I am at now too. Well, I don’t have palm trees but still…

Funny, I must be an idiot then because I watch the Vikings to the bitter end of the season...

My Sunday was much improved by not watching another Viking's loss.  I didn't like them losing, of course, but I didn't get all PO'd because I wasted 3 hours of my day only to have them lose again.  I admit I didn't have very high hopes for this season (around .500), but I didn't expect the offense to take steps backwards.  It's always something with this team.

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@StickyBun said:
@Norse said:
Me too...

Football season is now DVR season. Wont plan my Sundays around the Vikings this year. 

Close to apathy which is not what owners want from their fan bases. 

December 2001. When Tice "let it slip" that the NFL acknowledged something like 10 blown calls, all going against us, in Lambeau.Most of the wrong calls they admitted to were in the fourth quarter.