Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rodgers has COVID; unvaccinated.
Quote: @Kentis said:

Aaron Rodgers claims he’s a victim of “the woke mob” and “cancel culture”
Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is painting himself as a victim after it was revealed this week that he got COVID-19 and is not vaccinated, despite his previous public claim that he was “immunized,” which he knew had been widely interpreted as getting the vaccine.
“I realize I’m in the crosshairs of the woke mob right now, so before the final nail gets put in my cancel culture casket, I’d like to set the record straight on some of the blatant lies that are out there about me now,” Rodgers said.
But Rodgers did not cite any specific “lies” that have been told about him. Instead, he launched into what he himself described as a “diatribe” about a “witch hunt going across the league.”
Rodgers claims to have done his own research and that he has an allergy to an ingredient in the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines, and he said that his decision to seek alternative treatments was “what was best for my body.” That is a highly dubious claim, but even if it were true, what Rodgers seems not to realize is that the decision to get vaccinated is not just about his own body but about the health and wellbeing of everyone around him. Rodgers chose to selfishly put people around him at an increased risk of catching COVID-19 from him.
Now Rodgers is out for at least 10 days and will miss Sunday’s game.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/05/aaron-rodgers-claims-hes-a-victim-of-the-woke-mob-and-cancel-culture/

What a baseless statement.  I haven't seen one pitchfork or torch on twitter since he started his interview.

Getting medical advice from Joe Rogan, upset because of the woke mob?

Joe Rogan, M.D.  now medical consultant to elite athletes, and this is why the rest of us can't take you people seriously 

Quote: @Waterboy said:
@SFVikeFan said:
Bless your heart Waterboy, how so very noble of you.

Love the passive aggressive method you're using while tossing the insults in.

You just can't help yourself can you?  No worries I doubt the Mods care to read into your passive-aggressive insults. 

What you're doing is blatantly obvious - ignoring the hundreds of millions of sample sizes and international medical community consensus, because you have a boner for Fauci/FDA or whatever boogeyman you choose, while cherry picking the outliers and goofballs who parrot what you already believe.

There's no interest in fact or science, just digging for any obscure info that confirms what you already think.  

Do you play blackjack?  Let me explain what you and the anti-vax crowd are doing:

You're that guy sitting on 3rd base with the dealer showing a 16, you're sitting on 19 and asking for a hit.  Oh sure it's your right to ignore the mathematics and the odds, because freedom, but your inability to understand the odds you're blowing the game for the rest of us.
I'll just say it politely.  I have absolutely zero respect for your viewpoint or the way you express it.  And usually when that happens, I get entertainment out of making fun of people like you, but once again, I'm trying to be better because I truly respect the way this place is run.  So, if I stop responding to you it's hardly because you've formed a coherent argument.  lol
See that's the thing - not once have I insulted you in this thread.

Meanwhile you have done it several times to me, despite Jimmy and his usual laughable warnings that really only apply to people on one side of issues and everyone here knows it. 

But since Greed obviously agrees with you and doesn't like me, you're allowed to continue the cheapshots.  

But spare me the polite bit.  You're as fake as it get.

Glad you think it's funny Greed.  I suspect if I were to use his same comments aimed at you or anyone else here, you wouldn't be laughing and boot me from the thread.

Why are you a Mod again?  

Seems like your only role here is to keep the lefties from hurting the feelers of the righties....while supporting the behavior you pretend to be against from your side. 

Aaron Rodgers' arrogance in full view while Packers' elite standing suddenly in jeopardyBig news in the NFC North: Packers quarterbackAaron Rodgers will miss at least 10 days because he's unvaccinated and Bears coach Matt Nagy will return from COVID protocols, damaging both teams' chances of winning this week.
Rodgers is about to experience unwanted side effects.
He has destroyed his curated image as an elevated thinker.
He has forfeited any sympathy he may have garnered as the Packers treated him like an asset instead of a god.
He has damaged his team's chances to win the Super Bowl before Green Bay kicks him out of town.
In August, reporters asked Rodgers if he was vaccinated. He answered "yeah" and that he was "immunized,'' indicating he was vaccinated.
Rodgers will not play on Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs. Whether he can return in time to play against Seattle the following week remains in doubt.
If Rodgers' absence contributes to one or two losses and those one or two losses cost the Packers a home berth in a playoff game and the Packers lose that game, Rodgers will be to blame.
https://www.startribune.com/aaron-rodgers-arrogance-in-full-view-while-packers-elite-standing-suddenly-in-jeopardy/600113162/

Fact is Rodgers has lost lots of money.  For the left like me, well he is unvaccinated for some "reason" that he can't fully explain -- name the ingredient.  For the right, he lied and acted like he was vaccinated instead of standing up for his convictions.  He took a chance that he could hide his status and he lost.

#12 sounds a lot like #45 today…  Wink  B)

Quote:
There isnt science on your side.  Logic, science, mathmatics, statistics and on and on.  Just bullshit you read or watched on the internet. 
I think others have already made my point for me.  It seems like you really don't know what science means.  You think Joe Biden and Fauci are science.  I think they are the furthest thing from that.  If Fauci were science, he wouldn't constantly contradict himself before stuff ever comes out of his mouth.   Both are also guilty of lying non-stop, so there's that too.
Quote: @Waterboy said:
@AGRforever said:
@Waterboy said:
@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
@VikingOracle said:
@Waterboy said:
Hi Waterboy:

I had an epiphany about this discussion last night.   I know you are trying to bring your views to the argument but keep in mind that there is only one group that can actually change their course of action at this time -- the unvaccinated such as yourself.  I am vaccinated and boosted.  Even if I suddenly changed my mind about the efficacy of the vaccine I am still already vaccinated; it is irreversible.  So all your arguments, etc., can do no good -- you are only justifying your own decision -- you can't make the vaccinated reverse course.  Maybe you feel personally attacked, etc. but really your only response is that you have looked at a whole spectrum of information and your risk assessment is that it is better to remain unvaccinated.   While we, the vaccinated, hope we can convince the unvaccinated to modify their course, the unvaccinated can't change the course of the vaccinated because we have already cast off.  Please keep in mind also, that we advocate because we think it will potentially save your life and, in comparison, nothing you can write can change what we have irreversibly already done.
Its an eloquent thought, but the unvaccinated aren't getting vaccinated for reasons that are emotional, not logical. They either choose to believe its harmful (which it isn't) or they don't want to be told what to do. It's that simple. 'I'm an American, I won't be forced to do anything!'. Riiiiight. Talk about entitlement. They continue to pivot to new rationale when prior rationale has been debunked.

So I respect the way you are debating, but it's useless. I've learned that during COVID. 58% of this country is vaccinated, its a GD joke. And its taken this long just to get to that number. 

How the fuck do you know?  Sorry, but that is your emotional opinion, not a logical statement.
I know because I talk to WAY too many people down here in Florida that won't get vaccinated. That's how the fuck I know. There's not a fucking thing to be logical about NOT GETTING VACCINATED. 
I don't know how to respond to this other than to say, you need to read a lot more if you think the science is on your side.  There's very little emotion in my viewpoint.  Since I lost someone very close to me to Covid, the easiest path would be the emotional one to believe the vaccine will rescue all of us.  It's clearly not the case, and it looks to be causing a lot of damage along the way, with much (very much) still unknown.  
There isnt science on your side.  Logic, science, mathmatics, statistics and on and on.  Just bullshit you read or watched on the internet. 
I think others have already made my point for me.  It seems like you really don't know what science means.  You think Joe Biden and Fauci are science.  I think they are the furthest thing from that.  If Fauci were science, he wouldn't constantly contradict himself before stuff ever comes out of his mouth.   Both are also guilty of lying non-stop, so there's that too.
I’m anything but a lefty if youve read any  umber of my political posts prior to covid. I do numbers for a living. To get vaccinated wasn’t much of a decision. 

SF’s blackjack analogy is pretty spot on. 

Quote: @Kentis said:
#12 sounds a lot like #45 today…  Wink  B)
Actually Trump is vaccinated.  His whole family is vaccinated.  Many of his properties require masks.