Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilfs have the balls to fire Zim now?
Quote: @mblack said:
@StickyBun said:
I don't think firing a HC during the season is ever good. I don't expect the Wilfs to do that. 
A coach should be fired when they need to be fired. It should not matter whether it is mid season or not. Once you make the decision that the coach is not coming back, he should be fired. Only bad teams prolong the decision. This allows the following to happen:
  1. Prevents a lame duck coaching staff making short sighted decisions to save a job he/they already lost and jeopardizing the future of the team
This is what pisses me off so much about the last game of last season (and when I first felt done with Zimmer); they should have played to evaluate instead of playing to win.  The rest of the season should be playing to evaluate (especially with Hunter looking out for the season) -- start playing the rookie linebacker and defensive end (when healthy), keep Dantzler as a starter.  rotate in the young safeties, etc.  I worry that this is going to be Zimmer trying to improve his record (just like Cousins try to maintain his stats).

@StickyBun said:
I don't think firing a HC during the season is ever good. I don't expect the Wilfs to do that. 
A coach should be fired when they need to be fired. It should not matter whether it is mid season or not. Once you make the decision that the coach is not coming back, he should be fired. Only bad teams prolong the decision. This allows the following to happen:
  1. You evaluate players based on different coaching and have this on tape for off season evaluation
  2. The current coaching staff have time to prepare to move on
  3. If you had an internal candidate you wanted to evaluate you can give him/her a trial run
  4. You get a head start on the process. Candidates also start analyzing your roster early and formulate plans on players they could go after
  5. Prevents a lame duck coaching staff making short sighted decisions to save a job he/they already lost and jeopardizing the future of the team
we needed to make this move last year for sure,  we would have been much better served if they had recognized what they had and used the last few games to get more looks at their OL candidates,  as well as some other players that were stuck in back up roles.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@StickyBun said:
  1. You evaluate players based on different coaching and have this on tape for off season evaluation
  3. If you had an internal candidate you wanted to evaluate you can give him/her a trial run
  4. You get a head start on the process. Candidates also start analyzing your roster early and formulate plans on players they could go after
  5. Prevents a lame duck coaching staff making short sighted decisions to save a job he/they already lost and jeopardizing the future of the team
we needed to make this move last year for sure,  we would have been much better served if they had recognized what they had and used the last few games to get more looks at their OL candidates,  as well as some other players that were stuck in back up roles.
The move should have been made after the San Fran playoff loss.  You had an in-house candidate ready made for the job.  

Quote: @comet52 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@StickyBun said:
The move should have been made after the San Fran playoff loss.  You had an in-house candidate ready made for the job.  
Agree 100 percent.

[Image: e12d84115ccf850ca06492d4c8d2a04e8da7f17f...bee_1.webp]

I'm not sure if there is much benefit to firing him midseason, but Zimmer has run his course.

Quote: @Tyr said:
I'm not sure if there is much benefit to firing him midseason, but Zimmer has run his course.
So if Zimmer is kept for the remainder of the season, frustration is just going to continue to build for the players.  Already Thielen is questioning things, soon Jefferson is going to get frustrated and may want out like Diggs wanted out.

If they intend to fire him at seasons end just do it now and start evaluating younger players to see if any can make an impact going forward for a new staff.  We all know Zimmer won't play them.

Nobody viable to replace him now. Clean house after the season Zygi 

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
What???? That right there is enough to fire the GM too if none of his 22 coaches (excluding Zim) can lead this team. This would be the glaring example of surrounding yourself with subpar talent so you come out the expert.
Whoever signed off on such sub par talent/hires  then should also be fired.

@1VikesFan said:
What???? That right there is enough to fire the GM too if none of his 22 coaches (excluding Zim) can lead this team. This would be the glaring example of surrounding yourself with subpar talent so you come out the expert.
Whoever signed off on such sub par talent/hires  then should also be fired.

A lot of people had to sign off on the nepotism and youth that is our DC and OC...

IMO the replacement would be Dre, but I dont see it happening during the season.