Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilfs have the balls to fire Zim now?
Although I respect Zim, he has earned it. This loss is unacceptable.   if Joseph missed the fg at Detroit, I would have fired Zim then.  This game shouldnever have been close enough for shit to go wrong. 

After an awesome first drive( agressive and scripted) our gameplan was shit. We kept trying over and over to beat them in the flats with the screen game and Parsons kept blowing it the fuck up. We never challenged them down the field after the first drive. 

In the 2nd half, We finally went back to the run game with success for one series, but  then completely abandoned it again. 

Zim cost us a FG try at end of first half with hos once again piss poor clock management. Dallas also missed a very makeable fg earlier in the game.  

A good team wins this game 20-10 or 27-13. thats what it should have been with Dak out. 

Zimmer has had enough tome to build a good team. We dont have one and its time to move on. I hope the Wilfs have the nads to do it rigjt now as maybe we could get a jolt from Dre and get this team to play to its potential. 

they won’t, or it hasnt been their mo so far.

No they will not imo. 

No I doubt it.

17 years of Wilfs have taught us they have no balls.  Don't wait up hoping to catch a glimpse.  You might as well wait up for the Great Pumpkin, kid.

no body on this current coaching staff should be considered for hc. also, the new hc should not be picked by spielman

I don't think firing a HC during the season is ever good. I don't expect the Wilfs to do that. 

Na, I doubt they ditch him mid-season.  I do think a change is coming though at the end of the year.

Zimmer Era was good in 2014-2017. It was a great change of pace coming from likable Les Frazier. Zimm's teams had personality, a sense of identity. You knew you were in for one hell of a battle and chess match vs Vikings then. 

Someone tell me what the identity is in 2021? I dont have a clue other than vanilla. 

Game has evolved quickly and Mike hasn't kept up. His coaching and coaching staff decisions ultimately bit him in the asz. You just cant burn through OC's like he's done.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I don't think firing a HC during the season is ever good. I don't expect the Wilfs to do that. 
A coach should be fired when they need to be fired. It should not matter whether it is mid season or not. Once you make the decision that the coach is not coming back, he should be fired. Only bad teams prolong the decision. This allows the following to happen:
  1. You evaluate players based on different coaching and have this on tape for off season evaluation
  2. The current coaching staff have time to prepare to move on
  3. If you had an internal candidate you wanted to evaluate you can give him/her a trial run
  4. You get a head start on the process. Candidates also start analyzing your roster early and formulate plans on players they could go after
  5. Prevents a lame duck coaching staff making short sighted decisions to save a job he/they already lost and jeopardizing the future of the team