Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So. Who should be next HC?
Quote: @mblack said:
@Bullazin said:
Dre Patterson starting tomorrow for rest of year. this team is talented enough with the right leader to still make a run. reevaluate at year end 
i dont buy the “this team is talented” talk.
I've been wondering about this myself. I truly am not sure. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@mblack said:
@Bullazin said:
Dre Patterson starting tomorrow for rest of year. this team is talented enough with the right leader to still make a run. reevaluate at year end 
i dont buy the “this team is talented” talk.
I've been wondering about this myself. I truly am not sure. 
Plenty of posts on this forum last summer claiming we would contend with 'so much talent'.   Not from me of course.. Smile  I was telling those guys the Great Pumpkin doesn't show on Halloween.  Case closed I think after last night.

Talent vs scheme vs coaching...

We'll swirl over this one for a long time as fans of mediocre or poor teams do. It's never just one thing is it? 

Probably the only thing we'll agree on is that this staff/scheme are NOT getting the most of whatever level of talent they have. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Talent vs scheme vs coaching...

We'll swirl over this one for a long time as fans of mediocre or poor teams do. It's never just one thing is it? 

Probably the only thing we'll agree on is that this staff/scheme are NOT getting the most of whatever level of talent they have. 
Agree, that when a team plays poorly for years you start to question every aspect.  But I, like many others on here jumped off the Zimmer bandwagon a few years ago, and now everyone else has jumped off.  My point is that for me it has been and is coaching.  I firmly believe we have a talented roster provided by Spelly and the Wilf's willing spend.  It is the coaching and the coaching determines the scheme and has to coach accordingly.  

The QBs available in next years draft are lackluster. Mond is probably as good a prospect as any other QB that will be available. So, my answer to this question is an offense minded HC who can develop Mond into a quality starting QB.  

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
The QBs available in next years draft are lackluster. Mond is probably as good a prospect as any other QB that will be available. So, my answer to this question is an offense minded HC who can develop Mond into a quality starting QB.  
Kellen Moore, please…

If we select our next HC based on having drafted Mond, I think I might make a visit to Zygmunt's office.