Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second hardest schedule to date. Reason for optimism?

Another .500 season or 1 and done in the playoffs and I'm ready to move on.  Let Zimm spend more time on the ranch. 

I think the worst thing that could happen is they finish with 8 or 9 wins. Wilfs may be hesitant to rock a mediocre ship.

OTOH, not sure where I see another 8 wins in the remaining schedule. I see 5 or 6 wins left on the board:

Det
@ CAR
Dal
@ Balt
@LAC
GB
@SF
@ Det
Pitt
@CHI
Rams
@GB
BEARS

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Another .500 season or 1 and done in the playoffs and I'm ready to move on.  Let Zimm spend more time on the ranch. 

I think the worst thing that could happen is they finish with 8 or 9 wins. Wilfs may be hesitant to rock a mediocre ship.

OTOH, not sure where I see another 8 wins in the remaining schedule. I see 5 or 6 wins left on the board:

Det
@ CAR
Dal
@ Balt
@LAC
GB
@SF
@ Det
Pitt
@CHI
Rams
@GB
BEARS
Same here. I can't be like the majority of folks and already call the season a wash after 4 games. Give me a few more games before I start calling for heads and declaring the season & this regime over.

I'll be damned if I don't find some glimmer of hope before going to my first game at the Bank.

I guess I don’t get the need for pessimism.  It doesn’t seem like something I want to fill
my head with, especially this early in the season.  Realistically though, I think we should win
most of the rest of the games at home, the Rams game sticks out as being the
only one that looks unlikely, and I think most of the away games look like
losses to me.  Probably end up around
8-9.

Quote: @medaille said:
I guess I don’t get the need for pessimism.  It doesn’t seem like something I want to fill
my head with, especially this early in the season.  Realistically though, I think we should win
most of the rest of the games at home, the Rams game sticks out as being the
only one that looks unlikely, and I think most of the away games look like
losses to me.  Probably end up around
8-9.
I was just looking at the remaining schedule and landed on 8-9 as well.

I think we’ll win the next two and get to .500, but then the next four look really tough. End of the year things lighten up a bit and we’ll claw back to around .500.

If it plays out like this I do think heads will roll, as they should.

I’m going with 4-3 after the next 3.  See where things stand Nov 1

I hate this schedule. Been saying it for probably 20 years and said it again at the beginning of the year: I would rather have a schedule full of traditionally strong teams than one full of up-and-comers. Teams like Seattle and Baltimore and PIttsburgh and Dallas and KC don't scare me nearly as much as rising teams like the Bengals, the Browns, the Cardinals and the Panthers. And the Vikings will have played four of them in the first six weeks. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I hate this schedule. Been saying it for probably 20 years and said it again at the beginning of the year: I would rather have a schedule full of traditionally strong teams than one full of up-and-comers. Teams like Seattle and Baltimore and PIttsburgh and Dallas and KC don't scare me nearly as much as rising teams like the Bengals, the Browns, the Cardinals and the Panthers. And the Vikings will have played four of them in the first six weeks. 
Agreed. Detroit doesn’t suck but not many teams do. It’s the NFL, not CFB. I think MIN will win because DET is definitely one of the more beatable teams, but if the Vikings for whatever reason can’t win this game, then it’s time to sound every last alarm.