Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Trade For TE
He has starting experience and played under Dennison before, so hopefully that makes his transition a little quicker. Not expecting a ton out of him, but if he can block well and serve as an outlet receiver until Smith gets back, then I'd be happy with the move.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Connor Hughes
@Connor_J_Hughes
· 2m
Chris Herndon began offseason as #Jets starter before giving way to a four-man rotation (Kroft, Griffin, Wesco)

Herndon is an OK blocker, but he drops passes, lacks explosiveness, and seemed disinterested at times.
[Image: 1m0gaof7ppfa.gif]

Perfect 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Back in 2018, his Rookie Season, Chris Herndon finished…

9th in yds per reception (12.9)
7th in yds per target (9)
8th in yds per route run (2.3)
9th in TDs (4)

averaging 4 targets, 2.8 catches, and 36 yards.

Steal

Can't be a steal until we know what we gave up.  If it was a late 3rd day.  Then no problems here!!

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
· 26m
Trade details: The #Vikings are trading a 2022 fourth-round pick to the #Jets for TE Chris Herndon and a 2022 sixth-round pick, per source. It wasn't on the transaction wire today, but the deal is done. twitter.com/RapSheet/statu…

swapped 4th for Herdon and a 6th

For the Jets 4th string TE. Okay..............

[Image: odt1EUa-_bigger.jpg]
On the #tradecharts this is about like paying a high 5th

If it’s a swapped 4th than this is a good deal. Their 4th will likely be higher than ours. Almost makes it a wash to me then giving up a 6th.

Herndon was great his rookie year, but has been banged up since. I took him in fantasy after his rookie year so I’m familiar with him. Good blocker, huge potential. A change to a better team could be a big spark from him after playing in purgatory. 

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
If it’s a swapped 4th than this is a good deal. Their 4th will likely be higher than ours. Almost makes it a wash to me then giving up a 6th.

Herndon was great his rookie year, but has been banged up since. I took him in fantasy after his rookie year so I’m familiar with him. Good blocker, huge potential. A change to a better team could be a big spark from him after playing in purgatory. 
If you are responding to my info you misread it.  We swapped our 4th for Herdon and their 6th.

[Image: bIxext45_bigger.jpg]
To facilitate the Chris Herndon trade, the #Jets paid him a roughly $1.4 million signing bonus, while the #Vikings will pay only the $920,000 minimum salary. So in essence, New York trades Herndon, a 6th-round pick and a little cash for a 4th, and Minnesota gets TE help cheap.
Quote Tweet
[Image: bIxext45_normal.jpg]