Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Martyr Kirk
Quote: @rf54 said:
no, one is murder, the other is freedom to choose what you put in your body  
[Image: wi45as84418o.gif] 

I'm vaccinated...I'd rather change the vaccine rather take the chance on endangering my kids and grandkids...I guess you could call that a "Moral Obligation", because I love them to death even mine.

One is a woman determining the course of her life, the other is impacting other people. There are people with other medical conditions are not able to receive medical care because of hospital capacity. A pandemic versus a personal decision are two different things. Telling a woman what she can and cannot due with her own body is a method of control. It doesn't matter why she chooses abortion, that is her business. I know there will always be people that don't get vaccinated. But that blatant disregard for others has more of a negative impact than a woman making her own medical and health care decisions.

One is a personal choice. One might keep the kid in your avatar alive.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:[Image: d1eoxhl5o64d.jpeg]
@rf54 said:
One is a woman determining the course of her life, the other is impacting other people. There are people with other medical conditions are not able to receive medical care because of hospital capacity. A pandemic versus a personal decision are two different things. Telling a woman what she can and cannot due with her own body is a method of control. It doesn't matter why she chooses abortion, that is her business. I know there will always be people that don't get vaccinated. But that blatant disregard for others has more of a negative impact than a woman making her own medical and health care decisions.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@rf54 said:
That, and the fact that, each year, thousands of women choose to end their pregnancies because they didn't have the freedom to choose what was "put" in their body. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
@rf54 said:
That, and the fact that, each year, thousands of women choose to end their pregnancies because they didn't have the freedom to choose what was "put" in their body. 
Absolutely 100%. Been there, done that. But it doesn't matter why. It is no one else's business. Women are judged, guilted, and shamed regardless. If she has kids already and can't afford more, people judge. If she is raped, she is blamed. I viewed my abortion as taking my power back. Some people don't see that. I saw the pregnancy as being revictimized. Maybe there is a medical issue. Maybe she simply doesn't want the pregnancy to continue. And some people will say that's selfish but so what, women need to look out for themselves. Women need that freedom to make their decisions.

What happened to "my body, my choice"?  

Because Covid isn't your body your choice. You contracting Covid leads to a 7.5% chance that you'll need hospitalization.  That 7.5% chance reduces beds for heart, stroke, cancer and every other ailment out there. 

As unvaccinated you are also transmitting the disease to other people.  The current estimates of the delta variant are for every infected individual, they'll infect 8 other people.  Charts are skyrocketing worse then the USA debt. 

The great news out this morning for the vaccinated is that overrun hospitals are starting to triage patients rather then accommodate everyone. Vaccinated get beds.  Unvaccinated do not if the hospital is nearing capacity. 

Memphis area hospitals are at capacity right now.  They expect there to be 6x the demand for hospital resources by November.

Real life decisions have real life consequences.  Said simpler: play stupid games win stupid prizes. 

Get vaccinated.

They’re both non-trivial topics because there are winners
and losers no matter which side you choose.

We shouldn’t be pretending that making a choice for either
of these topics isn’t at the expense of others.

I err on the side of maximum freedom for both of these
topics.  I just don’t think you’ll ever
be in a situation where you can make a law that can make a better informed choice
for each and every individual than the one they make for themselves, and you
just have to accept that some people will choose differently, than what your
partial understanding of their situation would choose.

I think, at the bare minimum, that if the government is
going to force or forcefully withhold medical procedures onto people, then it should
be responsible for the damages that happens because of that mandate.  It is wholly unacceptable for us to force
people to get a medical procedure, they get a terrible side effect, and then the
individual is burdened with medical costs. 
If we’re going to pretend that we’re doing this for the benefit of humanity,
we need to take care of all humans.

[Image: 0y5xh6nmghq4.jpeg]