Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Martyr Kirk

Kirk Cousins Responds Doctor’s Talk With The Vikings (msn.com)

“It was a great meeting. It was informative. And it was what it was,” Cousins said on Wednesday afternoon.

The old "it was what is was" routine. 

With his PhD in Web MD, Captain Kirk sides with his weirdo father.

From the article:
Earlier this month, a hospital Cousins partnered with cut ties with the veteran quarterback. Holland Hospital cut ties with the quarterback after his comments about the vaccine. “As
the trusted health care leader along the lakeshore, we are committed to
providing accurate, timely health information and guidance based on
guidelines from the CDC and medical experts,” a statement from the
hospital read.

“For this reason, Holland Hospital will discontinue using Kirk Cousins as our spokesperson for now,” the statement continued.
Effing dumb ass. :#

C’mon folks....I mean honestly, what have vaccines done for us ?

aside from reduce the spread of........
(long breath.......)

mumps, measles, rubella, chickenpox, polio, tetanus, influenza, hepatitis A & B, Hib, whooping cough, pneumococcal, rotavirus, diptheria, typhus, shingles, HIV / AIDS.....

I usually try and stay out of religion / politics / sensitive subjects..........BUT HERE GOES....

The same people yelping about “not being able to help their kids with 6th grade math” are now all Facebook MD’s.

My wife works at the local hospital in accounting. They are beyond capacity. 
Doctors and nurses are livid and are sick of (their words) “helping idiots that wont help themselves”

Help them help you, get the shot.

I am vaccinated and I consider myself a liberal.  Just putting that forward because I think Kirk is in a novel situation given the household he was raised in.  His father is certainly an anti-vaxer.  I can (sort of) understand Kirk's hesitancy in that becoming vaccinated would be a repudiation of the type of faith his father nurtured in him.  When his father was diagnosed with cancer, he said "I don't have any anxiety. I have peace."  Compare that to what Kirk said about the virus: "Even if I die — if I die, I die. I kind of have peace about that."  Look, I don't agree with Cousin's position but I can understand why he is the way he is.  I think it is unfortunate, I think he (and his father) are likely to come down with Covid in the next few months.  This "faith" is part of Cousins and he is willing to lose sponsorships, etc. to support his father.   Hard cold facts are not going to move Kirk away from his father's belief system that has been instilled in him since birth.  

I do think this will open a pandora's box of issues for Cousins.  His father holds a lot of -- frankly -- racist beliefs.  He believes Satan is behind textbook changes, cancel culture, confederate statue removal, and the Black Lives Matter movement.  I am surprised that Cousins has not been asked more questions about his father's beliefs and that it has not become more of an issue within the locker room.

What happened to "my body, my choice"?  

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
C’mon folks....I mean honestly, what have vaccines done for us ?

aside from reduce the spread of........
(long breath.......)

mumps, measles, rubella, chickenpox, polio, tetanus, influenza, hepatitis A & B, Hib, whooping cough, pneumococcal, rotavirus, diptheria, typhus, shingles, HIV / AIDS.....

I usually try and stay out of religion / politics / sensitive subjects..........BUT HERE GOES....

The same people yelping about “not being able to help their kids with 6th grade math” are now all Facebook MD’s.

My wife works at the local hospital in accounting. They are beyond capacity. 
Doctors and nurses are livid and are sick of (their words) “helping idiots that wont help themselves”

Help them help you, get the shot.
After gathering my kids' immunization records so they can attend high school, it made me wonder how Cousins got through Michigan State without them. Religious exemption maybe?

I also wonder if this defiant stance isn't going to heap a whole lot of added pressure onto the shoulders of a QB who has never really been known for his mental toughness. 

Quote: @"rf54" said:
Well, maybe you or a loved one will need a hospital bed and then you'll understand the difference when you can't get one.

Quite different if you are equipped with critical thinking skills but you do you

Women having been wondering about that since there is still a fight for bodily autonomy and the right to choose.

Also even though anti-vaxxers try, slavery and the Holocaust do not apply to the vaccine or wearing a mask.

As far as Cousins is concerned, I am not at all surprised by this response.

no, one is murder, the other is freedom to choose what you put in your body