Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOOOOOLLLLD up... Mond wasn't vaccinated either?!?
They should give the players an incentive to get vaccinated. Like maybe a balloon or a lollipop.

I wonder how the Washington Football Team did it. They went from 60% pre-camp to 84% a week later. We were just posting about Ron Rivera's frustration and an ex-NFL player who said that Ron should step away from the game instead of players getting vaccinated.

Maybe once players see that the league is at 90% overall, there will be more willingness to take care of this. Some may never change their stance, but maybe after seeing what happened during the first week of camp, others will.

[Image: w4oaz7lzk154.jpeg]

Quote: @Nichelle said:
I wonder how the Washington Football Team did it. They went from 60% pre-camp to 84% a week later. We were just posting about Ron Rivera's frustration and an ex-NFL player who said that Ron should step away from the game instead of players getting vaccinated.

Maybe once players see that the league is at 90% overall, there will be more willingness to take care of this. Some may never change their stance, but maybe after seeing what happened during the first week of camp, others will.
Maybe Zim needs to call Ron. I think some of the WTF players were defending their guy a bit after those comments too. Something has to be done though.

Maybe without kooky Kirk in the players ears all day, some of these guys will realize there is extremely minimal risk in getting the vaccine and major benefits to being able to play football and practice with minimal restrictions.

[Image: S_PZxhKU_bigger.jpg]
My favorite maga moron talking point:

"I'm not getting vaccinated just because the CDC tells me to - the CDC is part of the government! I'm waiting for full approval from the FDA!"

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: S_PZxhKU_bigger.jpg]
My favorite maga moron talking point:

"I'm not getting vaccinated just because the CDC tells me to - the CDC is part of the government! I'm waiting for full approval from the FDA!"
Yep. And a friend just told me about two weeks ago he 'doesn't like being told what to do' and that's why he's not vaccinated. 

Riiiiight. 

From the New York Times:
"Physicians working in Covid hot spots across the nation say that the patients in their hospitals are not like the patients they saw last year. Almost always unvaccinated, the new arrivals tend to be younger, many in their 20s or 30s. And they seem sicker than younger patients were last year, deteriorating more rapidly.
"Doctors have coined a new phrase to describe them: “younger, sicker, quicker.” Many physicians treating them suspect that the Delta variant of the coronavirus, which now accounts for more than 80 percent of new infections nationwide, is playing a role.
Studies done in a handful of other countries suggest that the variant may cause more severe disease, but there is no definitive data showing that the new variant is somehow worse for young adults.
"Some experts believe the shift in patient demographics is strictly a result of lower vaccination rates in this group."

The New York Times has a piece about how the economic implications of such a large percentage of the population that remains unvaccinated, framing the argument this way:
"Getting hospitalized with Covid-19 in the United States typically generates huge bills. Those submitted by Covid patients to the NPR-Kaiser Health News Bill of the Month project include a $17,000 bill for a brief hospital stay in Marietta, Ga. (reduced to about $4,000 for an uninsured patient under a charity-care policy); a $104,000 bill for a 14-day hospitalization in Miami for an uninsured person; possibly hundreds of thousands for a two-week hospital stay — some of it on a ventilator — for a foreign tourist in Hawaii whose travel health insurance contained a pandemic exclusion.
"Even though insurance companies negotiate lower prices and cover much of the cost of care, a more than $1,000 out-of-pocket bill for a deductible — plus more for copays and possibly some out-of-network care — should be a pretty scary incentive" for someone to get vaccinated and avoid such crushing bills."
Now, the piece says, insurers are beginning to cut back on coverage for unvaccinated people:
"In 2020, before there were Covid-19 vaccines, most major private insurers waived patient payments — from coinsurance to deductibles — for Covid treatment. But many, if not most, have allowed that policy to lapse. Aetna, for example, ended that policy on Feb. 28; UnitedHealthcare began rolling back its waivers late last year and discontinued them by the end of March.
"More than 97 percent of hospitalized patients last month were unvaccinated. Though the vaccines will not necessarily prevent you from catching the coronavirus, they are highly effective at ensuring you will have a milder case and are kept out of the hospital.
"For this reason, there’s logic behind insurers’ waiver rollback: Why should patients be kept financially unharmed from what is now a preventable hospitalization, thanks to a vaccine that the government paid for and made available for free?"
The piece goes on:
"The logic behind the policies is that the offenders’ behavior can hurt others and costs society a lot of money. If people decide not to get vaccinated and contract bad cases of Covid, they are not only exposing others in their workplace or neighborhoods; the tens or hundreds of thousands spent on their care could mean higher premiums for others as well in their insurance plans next year. What’s more, outbreaks in low-vaccination regions could help breed more vaccine-resistant variants that affect everyone."