Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOOOOOLLLLD up... Mond wasn't vaccinated either?!?
Saw this buried in the Day 5 thread and everybody apparently missed it: 

(2) Andrew Krammer on Twitter: "Correction: Reported Saturday night that Kellen Mond was vaccinated. That is not true. Been told by multiple people he was following protocols for unvaccinated players before testing positive. It's why he was testing in the first place. Unvaxxed tested daily. Sorry to mislead." / Twitter

So 75% of the QB's (Cousins, Mond, Stanley) were unvaccinated.  Vikings must have the dumbest QB room in the NFL SMDH. No wonder Zim is blowing fuses.

P.S.: There goes the anti-vaxxers' "But the vaccinated guy tested positive and we jumped on Kirk" argument.  Turns out we just had one more idiot than we realized.

Turns out the NFL is full of them. 

Quote: @"RS Express" said:
Saw this buried in the Day 5 thread and everybody apparently missed it: 

(2) Andrew Krammer on Twitter: "Correction: Reported Saturday night that Kellen Mond was vaccinated. That is not true. Been told by multiple people he was following protocols for unvaccinated players before testing positive. It's why he was testing in the first place. Unvaxxed tested daily. Sorry to mislead." / Twitter

So 75% of the QB's (Cousins, Mond, Stanley) were unvaccinated.  Vikings must have the dumbest QB room in the NFL SMDH. No wonder Zim is blowing fuses.

P.S.: There goes the anti-vaxxers' "But the vaccinated guy tested positive and we jumped on Kirk" argument.  Turns out we just had one more idiot than we realized.
I dont think it was missed,  ( I believe I had seen it mentioned in 2 threads yesterday) I think most realized that we didn't need another thread on the same subject...but apparently we do so here it is.

At what point does the NFL (and other groups) just make it mandatory like the MMR? Right now, you can't go to public schools, most universities or play any kind of sport without proof you've been vaccinated against diphtheria, tetanus, polio, measles, rubella, etc. In other words, Cousins, Mond, Thielen, etc., all showed proof of vaccination against these diseases in order to get in to their schools. 

I'm assuming their (and others) argument would be that those vaccinations were FDA approved and the Covid19 vaccines are not. Yet. (There have been some reports that FDA approval for the Pfizer vaccine could happen early this fall).

So what happens if we get approval? Does that change stances? Or are the "blind politics" of this so baked into it now that it won't make a bit of difference. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
At what point does the NFL (and other groups) just make it mandatory like the MMR? Right now, you can't go to public schools, most universities or play any kind of sport without proof you've been vaccinated against diphtheria, tetanus, polio, measles, rubella, etc. In other words, Cousins, Mond, Thielen, etc., all showed proof of vaccination against these diseases in order to get in to their schools. 

I'm assuming their (and others) argument would be that those vaccinations were FDA approved and the Covid19 vaccines are not. Yet. (There have been some reports that FDA approval for the Pfizer vaccine could happen early this fall).

So what happens if we get approval? Does that change stances? Or are the "blind politics" of this so baked into it now that it won't make a bit of difference. 
I would think that if the NFL turns into a shitshow where multiple games are cancelled then you will see this type of requirement being implemented. When the NFL starts losing money things will become more strict

More strict?! 

the rules are already crazy punitive...I'm telling you in early August there is going to be more than one team loaded with talent that will have to forfeit games. It'll cause them to miss the dance all together or drop their seedings precipitously. 

I would argue that things are less strict now, because they
just stopped testing people that are vaccinated, so they’ll have no information
on the vaccinated people that are spreading Covid, unless they’re sick enough
to lose sense of smell or taste or go to the hospital, they’ll probably just
assume they’re sick with anything but Covid. 
If half your team isn’t being tested, then you’ve reduced your risk of
positive covid tests by half.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:

They’ve done polls on this. 
A sizeable percentage of the people who are antiCovid vaccine, are
against the newness and the less tested nature of this vaccine and would be
open for vaccination if it passes standard safety/efficacy protocols (FDA Approval).  I don’t remember the exact percentage, but
maybe like 30-40% of the unvaccinated.
I think there’s a decent chunk of people who would get an
old-school version of the vaccine, but not an mRNA version of the vaccine.

Obviously there’s still a large chunk who are against vaccines
in general, and another large chunk who are against anything supported by
establishment politicians, establishment media sources, or condescending peers
of the other party.

J&J was the old school version (and the one I got) but the #'s for it were depressed when they had to pull it temporarily from the mkt. I'm sure that spooked plenty who were already skittish. 

Many dont realize MRNA has been around over a dozen years. Bad job of communicating and educating a public that needs it. 

Then there is all the jabs in arms the media shows close-up...Any needle phobic individual is going to be shell-shocked with this videos lol! 

So it looks like Captain Kirk is Mond's mentor on and off the field - yay.  Confused  Effing idiots.