Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Richardson Considering Coming Back?

I'm hard.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I'm seeing tweets about Richardson playing DE on early downs, and inside on passing downs. Had ~ 250 snaps at DE last year.

The plot thickens.

If they play Richardson and Hunter at DEs with Pierce and Thomlinson  in the middle.  Zimmer plans to destroy any type of running game the opponents have...

Hunter - 252 Pounds
Richardson - 294 Pounds
Pierce - 345 Pounds (Estimate lolz)
Tomlinson - 320 Pounds

1,211 pounds just on those 4 guys. Yeah, that's a wall

[Image: hx2r7c2j2bc7.gif]

[Image: dBD2A6j6_bigger.jpg]
It’s official. Sheldon Richardson is a Viking again.

Punter Zach Von Rosenberg was waived as the corresponding move to keep the roster at 90, meaning Britton Colquitt’s job is safe.

[Image: 7iNueHDC_normal.jpg]
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
· 5m
For the #Vikings and Sheldon Richardson, it's a one-year, $3.6 million deal that can be worth up to $4.35M with incentives, per source. Quickly utilizing the cap space they saved with Danielle Hunter's contract tweak to further fortify the defensive line.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: 7iNueHDC_normal.jpg]
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
· 5m
For the #Vikings and Sheldon Richardson, it's a one-year, $3.6 million deal that can be worth up to $4.35M with incentives, per source. Quickly utilizing the cap space they saved with Danielle Hunter's contract tweak to further fortify the defensive line.
https://twitter.com/SeanBormanNFL/status...08065?s=20

This offseason is night and day with last year’s. Idk if it was because of cap constraints, covid, an overconfidence in the guys we already had in-house, but it is mind-boggling the amount of quality vets we’ve signed this year versus last year I really only recall Pierce, who didn’t play. 

Kicker position still worries me but the depth across the board this year should be 100% improved. I can’t explain last offseason but looking at the present and future— Kudos to the front office for assembling what looks to be a damn fine roster this season. Now it’s up to players and coaching. 

Skol!

Might be one of the best offseasons and drafts in recent memory: and.....I don't think they are done.

My goodness. Many wondered how we were going to add ANY free agents this offseason considering Cousins' cap hit and and where we were--what was it, about $11M over the cap? So my plan had us going cheap by adding 3T Sheldon Rankins and journeyman guard Lane Taylor. This was considered over-optimism.

In reality, the Vikings added Tomlinson, Weatherly, Peterson, Alexander, Breeland, Richardson, Cole, Vigil, Woods, etc. We also re-worked Barr and made Hunter happy. And we still have enough to extend O'Neill if we so choose.