Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Richardson Considering Coming Back?
https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/...4909916170

According to Browns reporter, Mary Kay Cabot, Sheldon Richardson is considering coming back to the Vikings. Not sure if the Vikings have interest with Dalvin Tomlinson and Michael Pierce on the roster, but rotating him in heavily at both DT spots would be interesting.

From Field Yates, it sounds like they are negotiating a deal to bring him back to the Vikings:

"The Vikings and DT Sheldon Richardson are making progress on a deal to bring him back to Minnesota. While the deal is not done yet, it’s headed that way, per source. @jack_h_day was first to mention the possible reunion."

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/14...3482434563

He's above average, and that's not bad to have on our DL.  Last season I'm not sure we had anyone on along the DL above average.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
He's above average, and that's not bad to have on our DL.  Last season I'm not sure we had anyone on along the DL above average.
Yeah, I am imagining Zim after last season told Rick, "hey, a little help here".  Now Rick is asking Zim, "you happy yet?"

He's a good interior pass rusher, who can get to the QB quickly up the middle, which is something we've lacked since he left. He's not the strongest against the run, but with Pierce and Tomlinson already in the fold, they can use him in kind of a Tom Johnson interior pass rusher role and have much improved depth at DT.

sheldon over Geno?  hmm . . 

either way, adding a vet pass rushing DT to the rotation with Pierce and Tomlinson is a very strong DT group

Man, this year we have added to last year’s team:
Hunter (upgrading from Fedi)
Pierce (upgrading from Stephen)
Tomlinson
Richardson (upgrading from Watts)
Kendricks (upgrading half season from Davis)
Barr (upgrading from Wilson)
Peterson (upgrading from Boyd)
Woods (zero loss with Harris leaving)
Breeland (upgrading from Hughes)

that is 9 defensive upgrades to a team who almost made the playoffs, beat GB in Lamblow, and almost beat the superbowl champs in their house

with health, and luck, this team can go all the way

Quote:
Tomlinson played NT,DT and LDE in NY.

Richardson has played RDE,LDE and DT

Tomlinson-Richardson-Pierce- Hunter  >  

I think we could find room for some of this production…  B) 

With the Browns last season, the former Minnesota defensive tackle appeared in all 16 games (including two playoff matchups), and he finished with 64 tackles (five for a loss), 22 pressures, 10 quarterback hits, 4.5 sacks, and one forced fumble

https://thevikingage.com/2021/06/14/minnesota-vikings-rumors-sheldon-richardson-return/

We really need a 3T.  On paper we seem to have a pretty full DL but we don't have a pure 3T.  I was really hoping for the Levi kid from Washington who I think the Lions drafted but we passed.  Richardson would be a very good addition.  I thought he was decent/average when he was with us but not great.  That stat line with the Browns last year is awesome.  If we can get near that from him our defense is Top 8 range easy.  

To be sucessful you need assests in the trenches. We’ve spent a good deal of high picks on the OL the last several years and largely ignored high picks on the DL. So its time to spend FA money there.