Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Projected starters
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@JR44 said:
@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:
I don't think our WR3 is on the roster yet. 
If it ends up being Bisi, we are in trouble. 
I am not sure why Bisi does not get any kind of props here.  He is a great, smooth, fluid route runner with excellent hands.  He has played behind two of the best WRs in the NFL the past two seasons so has never really had a lot of reps, but given the opportunity I think he could be a solid #2 in the NFL.  Not saying he is anywhere the same level, but he reminds me of Cris Carter a little bit with the way he runs his routes.  
He's great? No. That's laughable.

Solid #2? Just had one of those mere moments ago. 
I said he was a great route runner, but nice classy comments.  So just to be clear on the hypocrisy here, it is not okay to say anything negative about a certain player on this team, but it is okay to shit all over anyone else?

Quote: @JR44 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@JR44 said:
@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:
I am not sure why Bisi does not get any kind of props here.  He is a great, smooth, fluid route runner with excellent hands.  He has played behind two of the best WRs in the NFL the past two seasons so has never really had a lot of reps, but given the opportunity I think he could be a solid #2 in the NFL.  Not saying he is anywhere the same level, but he reminds me of Cris Carter a little bit with the way he runs his routes.  

I said he was a great route runner, but nice classy comments.  So just to be clear on the hypocrisy here, it is not okay to say anything negative about a certain player on this team, but it is okay to shit all over anyone else?
That great route running ability you give him credit for has not translated to on the field performance, at least not a consistent one we can count on. He's very streaky. I hope this is his breakout year but I'm not convinced. He had 14 receptions for 189 yards last year and was pretty much a non factor in this offense. 

Quote: @TBro said:
@JR44 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@JR44 said:
@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:

That great route running ability you give him credit for has not translated to on the field performance, at least not a consistent one we can count on. He's very streaky. I hope this is his breakout year but I'm not convinced. He had 14 receptions for 189 yards last year and was pretty much a non factor in this offense. 
Exactly. If he was so good at certain areas of his game and potentially viewed as a #2 by some, not me, then he wouldn't be losing reps to Chad Beebe. If Bisi turned it around and had a solid year I would be happy, but I'd bet his season is more in line with 2020.

Quote: @JR44 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@JR44 said:
@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:

If Bisi is the hill you want to die on, go for it.

I'm definitely ready for an upgrade over Bisi/Beebe, but Julio is big time overkill. This offense just can't support 3 guys who all want to catch 100 balls. I like the idea of DeDe Westbrook or someone similar. It's also time for Irv Smith Jr. to become who we all want him to be.
Other positions I'm watching closely:
FS- I like the Xavier Woods signing, just won't know for sure until we see it on the field.RDE- Vikings traded for Ngakoue last year for a reason. Didn't work out but this spot remains shaky.K- Gulp.
But those are nitpicks and there's a lot of time til the season starts. This team looks damn solid on paper. MUCH improved over last year.

Funny way to spell Dede Westbrook . . .
But seriously, there is A LOT OF TALENT on this team when healthy.  I am looking at:
top 3 WR duo in the leaguetop 3 RB in the leaguetop 3 ILB in the leaguea pair of run stuffing monsters in the middlean All Pro DEformer All Pro vet DB with Harry and PP7
very talented youngsters in Irv & Dantzler
and Kirk Cousins
With health, luck, and a solid OL this team is a Super Bowl contender

I'd be happy with D2. Gotta think we have a June 1 signing/ acquisition coming.

https://thevikingage.com/2021/05/19/4-mi...le-otas/4/

What?! Bisi! Noooooo! I guess the author didn't get the memo.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:

Bisi's definitely on the bubble. Abdullah as good as gone. Don't think Dye or Samia are at much risk of losing a roster spot. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Bisi's definitely on the bubble. Abdullah as good as gone. Don't think Dye or Samia are at much risk of losing a roster spot. 
Dye isn't going anywhere. Dru, I think is PS bound.