Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Projected starters

That's all going to change once we get Julio

It looks right to me except Hunter will stay as the LDE and Wonnum or Jones will start opposite him, with Wonnum likely getting the early nod. Weatherly is a depth guy who knows the scheme and not a starter 

I don't think our WR3 is on the roster yet. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
If it ends up being Bisi, we are in trouble. 

Quote: @TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:
I wouldn't call it trouble on a running team that uses a 3rd WR about 25% of the time. What's more, our WR1 and WR2 are among the league's best.

That said it sure would be fun to have some kind of consistent threat there who can pull attention away from the other two. 

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
That's all going to change once we get Julio
[Image: rzrvhypkhq1o.gif]

Quote: @TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:
I am not sure why Bisi does not get any kind of props here.  He is a great, smooth, fluid route runner with excellent hands.  He has played behind two of the best WRs in the NFL the past two seasons so has never really had a lot of reps, but given the opportunity I think he could be a solid #2 in the NFL.  Not saying he is anywhere the same level, but he reminds me of Cris Carter a little bit with the way he runs his routes.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:
I am not sure why Bisi does not get any kind of props here.  He is a great, smooth, fluid route runner with excellent hands.  He has played behind two of the best WRs in the NFL the past two seasons so has never really had a lot of reps, but given the opportunity I think he could be a solid #2 in the NFL.  Not saying he is anywhere the same level, but he reminds me of Cris Carter a little bit with the way he runs his routes.  
He's great? No. That's laughable.

Solid #2? Just had one of those mere moments ago. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:
I wouldn't call it trouble on a running team that uses a 3rd WR about 25% of the time. What's more, our WR1 and WR2 are among the league's best.

That said it sure would be fun to have some kind of consistent threat there who can pull attention away from the other two. 
Zimmer himself said he wanted to open up the offense more this year so we will see. Bisi is just a guy, and we don't have any proven depth behind our top two WR's so that is why I have concerns. Smith Jr. will need to elevate his game and be a consistent receiving threat that teams need to game plan for. I like the Smith-Marsette pick, but you can't count on him as a late round rookie to contribute immediately. It just feels like Rick has more work to do to fill out that position on our roster with a solid veteran. I feel like we are missing that Jarius Wright type player who always found a way to get open in critical third downs when your #1 and #2 options are covered.