Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mond's release is quick and compact
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Simms has explained in recent months that Mond's combination of mechanics and arm talent put him firmly ahead of both Fields and Lance, and that Mond's supporting cast was weaker than most QBs in the draft.

While I didn't put him above Lance or Fields, this is what drew me to Mond when I first watched him. He's a flawed QB, but his movement, motion and accuracy stood out. He has a chance. 
If you watch him for any amount of time, you'll be saying to yourself "get rid of it, get rid of it, getridofit, getridofit!"

Might have been his first game vs Bama he just took shot after shot. At one point I thought to myself if this was a boxing match it would be a TKO.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:
Simms has explained in recent months that Mond's combination of mechanics and arm talent put him firmly ahead of both Fields and Lance, and that Mond's supporting cast was weaker than most QBs in the draft.

While I didn't put him above Lance or Fields, this is what drew me to Mond when I first watched him. He's a flawed QB, but his movement, motion and accuracy stood out. He has a chance. 
If you watch him for any amount of time, you'll be saying to yourself "get rid of it, get rid of it, getridofit, getridofit!"

Might have been his first game vs Bama he just took shot after shot. At one point I thought to myself if this was a boxing match it would be a TKO.
He's a tough kid. He keeps his eyes downfield, but he needs to make quicker decisions like most QBs coming in. Hopefully he'll be coached up to do that. Cousins is an ironman so Mond's ass will more than likely be firmly on the bench, which is fine as he needs seasoning. 

Quote: @FLVike said:
ok, but I'm a Vikings fan, what should I expect?
A quick release!

Quote: @StickyBun said:
For those that think Mond won't make it, you're probably right! Here's all the 3rd round QBs drafted:

[Image: 2vhsz47m1uw61.jpg]
I see at least 3 superbowl winning QBs on that list.  Several others that have been starters for multiple years.  And then many others that I recognize only because I played fantasy football for years.

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
For those that think Mond won't make it, you're probably right! Here's all the 3rd round QBs drafted:

[Image: 2vhsz47m1uw61.jpg]
I see at least 3 superbowl winning QBs on that list.  Several others that have been starters for multiple years.  And then many others that I recognize only because I played fantasy football for years.
[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

@MaroonBells said:

He can always improve his internal clock. What typically can't be improved are mechanics and accuracy. But ask yourself this: how might've the results been different with Jones on A&M and Mond on Alabama? 

Jones would be in a walker.

To me at least one of the three quarterbacks taken in the 3rd round will either be a long term starter or star in this league.  Of the three, I would take Mond.  He is use to the tight window,  he has better athleticism and he has a lot of experience against top tier defenses with minimal help.   He is also a true student of the game.  I would have said the same things about Ponder as well and it never clicked for him.  Picking QB's is the biggest gamble in the NFL.  This was well worth the price to get a ticket for the QB raffle.  

@MaroonBells said:

I wonder if that is a product of having not much supporting cast?

Looking at the list of 3rd round QBs... you realize how tough it is to find a good one.

That being said... on that list we have 3 superbowl starters(O'Donnell, Wilson, Foles), 2 superbowl winners (Wilson, Foles).

I'm just saying.... "theeeeeeres a chance"!

Maybe Mond watches Kirk hold on to the ball for too long and notices that's not what you're supposed to do. On the other hand, please watch Kirk throw dimes down the field