Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mond's release is quick and compact
He can hold that ball for awhile and wait until the last second to send it 50 yards. Fast releases usually bode well for NFL play. The more I research on this kid, the more I like.

How many Texas A&M players were drafted other than Mond?  Only one offensive player a guard in the 4th and two defensive players in the 4th.  Despite having no major playmakers, Mond let them to a 8-1 record in the SEC and were one spot short of making the college playoff and a case could be made for them having been in there especially over ND.  

Think about this, had Texas A&M made the playoff, Mond would have had a chance to show off his skills on college footballs biggest stage and most likely would have ended up being a late 1st round pick.  Just ask yourself where Mac Jones would have been taken without the benefit of playing in the playoff games.

For once, the Vikings had some good fortune, the Raiders for some unexplained reason left Darrisaw on the board and we were able to get one of the best OTs in the draft, a starting guard and potentially our QB of the future.  Mond has all of the traits of the successful modern day QBs - mobility, speed, arm strength, quick release and leadership.  

In 2012, Russell Wilson was taken with the 75th pick.......just sayin!

ok, but I'm a Vikings fan, what should I expect?

I suspect the Aggie alumn (Kubiak) had some skinny on the kid and heavily influenced the Vikings decision to take him where they did. Not to mention the 2nd tier QB run was happening. 

We'll see how the guy curates over time. But my expectations aren't lofty. If they can hit gold @ QB with a 3rd rd pick? Well, the football gods owe us is how I see it. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

We'll see how the guy curates over time. But my expectations aren't lofty. If they can hit gold @ QB with a 3rd rd pick? Well, the football gods owe us is how I see it. 
Definitely. The odds are against it, but I like the pick. Mond has a chance. He's what the NFL is going toward athletically. He gets to relax and learn. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

Definitely. The odds are against it, but I like the pick. Mond has a chance. He's what the NFL is going toward athletically. He gets to relax and learn. 
Yup, no pressure is a good thing. He's definitely got some stuff they need to coach out of him, but he's a 3rd rd pick, not top 10. 

I really think they tried to move up for Fields once he started sliding down too...

Talent is 100% there...but he just HAS to be more consistent. I'm still not sold but happy to be wrong

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Talent is 100% there...but he just HAS to be more consistent. I'm still not sold but happy to be wrong
...and you are right to be skeptical. He's got things to learn. He was chosen in round 3 for a reason. I'm guessing the odds are against Mond being a starter for the Vikings. But you never know. 

I'd say Wet articulated it very well in another thread;

His floor is back-up QB and his ceiling is tbd.

Be nice if they hit on a franchise qb for sure. I'm already Jonesing for a pre-season game lol! 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I'd say Wet articulated it very well in another thread;

His floor is back-up QB and his ceiling is tbd.

Be nice if they hit on a franchise qb for sure. I'm already Jonesing for a pre-season game lol! 
As someone who used to tape NFL Europe games, me too.