Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mond's release is quick and compact
LOL PF and Barr...  he can play in the NFL.  Consistency is an issue, but I like his mental make up.  He has rare arm talent, if he can clean up his game and continue to develop we'll have a starter on our hands.  If not, we have a backup QB to help us win games if Kirk misses time.

We (fans) need to look at this pick as an upside pick that improved our QB2 over Mannion (with the potential for more).  Don't view him as a potential franchise QB and all that goes with that... 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
LOL PF and Barr...  he can play in the NFL.  Consistency is an issue, but I like his mental make up.  He has rare arm talent, if he can clean up his game and continue to develop we'll have a starter on our hands.  If not, we have a backup QB to help us win games if Kirk misses time.

We (fans) need to look at this pick as an upside pick that improved our QB2 over Mannion (with the potential for more).  Don't view him as a potential franchise QB and all that goes with that... 
Yes, Rick finally addressed the backup QB/possible QB of the future with a decent pick.  Hopefully the fans don't go sloter on him.  

Cousins wasnt viewed as a franchise QB when he was taken,  most arent,  but the kid has all the tools,  just remains to be seen how he will fit in our offense and if they can get him consistent enough to run it.

Quote: @JR44 said:
How many Texas A&M players were drafted other than Mond?  Only one offensive player a guard in the 4th and two defensive players in the 4th.  Despite having no major playmakers, Mond let them to a 8-1 record in the SEC and were one spot short of making the college playoff and a case could be made for them having been in there especially over ND.  

Think about this, had Texas A&M made the playoff, Mond would have had a chance to show off his skills on college footballs biggest stage and most likely would have ended up being a late 1st round pick.  Just ask yourself where Mac Jones would have been taken without the benefit of playing in the playoff games.

For once, the Vikings had some good fortune, the Raiders for some unexplained reason left Darrisaw on the board and we were able to get one of the best OTs in the draft, a starting guard and potentially our QB of the future.  Mond has all of the traits of the successful modern day QBs - mobility, speed, arm strength, quick release and leadership.  

In 2012, Russell Wilson was taken with the 75th pick.......just sayin!
This is an excellent point. Example of raising the level of play of those around you. Kudos

I like the way he handles pressure and his accuracy.  But he puts a lot of 'wtf was that?!' moments on tape with questionable decisions.  That will have to improve big time if he's going to have any real chance to succeed.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Wetlander said:

Cousins wasnt viewed as a franchise QB when he was taken,  most arent,  but the kid has all the tools,  just remains to be seen how he will fit in our offense and if they can get him consistent enough to run it.
Exactly.  I was just speaking to some of the comments that don't like him and don't see him as a NFL starter.  We shouldn't be viewing him as an immediate replacement for Kirk or even our QB of the future like a 1st round QB would be... he was a 3rd round pick and the 7th QB drafted.

He dropped for a reason... if he only ends up being a backup level QB, the pick was still well worth it.  If he turns into something more than that (I think he can)...  BOOM

We have Cousins as our starter (for now) and we took a rookie QB with potential that fits the timeline of Kirk's contract.  Every fan should love this move, we have a viable starter right now and a young promising QB in the pipeline.  If he doesn't pan out, we didn't give up a bunch of future draft picks and can always try again in 2 years.

@JimmyinSD said:
@Wetlander said:

Exactly.  I was just speaking to some of the comments that don't like him and don't see him as a NFL starter.  We shouldn't be viewing him as an immediate replacement for Kirk or even our QB of the future like a 1st round QB would be... he was a 3rd round pick and the 7th QB drafted.

He dropped for a reason... if he only ends up being a backup level QB, the pick was still well worth it.  If he turns into something more than that (I think he can)...  BOOM

We have Cousins as our starter (for now) and we took a rookie QB with potential that fits the timeline of Kirk's contract.  Every fan should love this move, we have a viable starter right now and a young promising QB in the pipeline.  If he doesn't pan out, we didn't give up a bunch of future draft picks and can always try again in 2 years.

hell regardless of how it looks after 1 year we should be trying again.  paying Kirk top dollar isnt a solid plan going forward.  keep drafting QBs and even if we think we found something in one of them keep the pipeline flowing,  same with OTs,  about any other position you can buy quality in any given free agency,  but QBs and tackles are premiums so keep taking them early an often.  same should be said for DEs  and WRs but we seem to be finding gems there later in the draft.

This will be a wasted pick unless he's coached up properly. Someone convince me that Janocko is the man for the job.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
This will be a wasted pick unless he's coached up properly. Someone convince me that Janocko is the man for the job.
Super Bowl.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
maybe they will bring mannion back,  hes like a coach in the QB room I've heard.