Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings were ready to take Justin Fields: ESPN.com
A rookie QB or Andy Dalton, a rookie LT that played RT in college, and Germain Ifedi at RT...

The New York Giants could have a top 10 pick from Chicago in the 2022 Draft, great work by Dave Gettleman

Quote: @Tyr said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
There is a lot kind of loaded into the scenario. 

1. When the Vikings discussing a trade up into the #7/8 area it was for Sewell not Fields. 
2. When the Giants came on the clock at #11 they had interest in Slater at that point
3a. Based on how the board fell if the Giants kept their pick the Cowboys weren't going to move and the Chargers were definitely taking Slater.
3b. They would have taken Fields at #14 since he fell into their lap. He has franchise QB upside and it he would have fallen into your lap. I don't think the team was convinced he was their guy which is why they wouldn't have traded futures to make it happen. But they would have taken him over Darrisaw or AVT. 
That seems reasonable. Their primary interest was the top two LTs and they would have taken Fields if he fell into their lap, but they didn't want to give up significant future assets to get him. Do you think the Vikings would have still taken Darrisaw if Phillips or Paye were available at 23?
Most likely. They had Darrisaw/AVT tied on their board at #14. Phillips/Paye would have been the backups. 

No one seems to be talking about why Denver didn't just take Fields at 9. They have Teddy and Lock competing which is solid, but certainly wouldn't preclude them from picking a potential franchise QB. Are they hoping to swing a deal for Rodgers? 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
No one seems to be talking about why Denver didn't just take Fields at 9. They have Teddy and Lock competing which is solid, but certainly wouldn't preclude them from picking a potential franchise QB. Are they hoping to swing a deal for Rodgers? 
I think the Fields selection and move by Chicago is getting WAY too much positive press. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Leno was an incredible 7th round selection. 94 career starts.
Quote Tweet
[Image: MaAIgBaS_normal.jpg]
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· 1m
The #Bears will be releasing LT Charles Leno, source said, their starter the last seven seasons. A surprise move. Chicago drafted OK St’s Teven Jenkins in the second round and plans to play him on the left side. Leno now available for LT-needy teams.

Lol. This will help.
From everything i read pre-draft, Jenkins was solely projected to be a RT in the NFL.  Could be interesting.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I'm going to be the contrarian on this one...

Fields turns out to be franchise ceiling? With that D? 

This could turn out to be a shift of NFC power that nobody is grasping yet.  

Hope I'm wrong...
That D will be dismantled soon.  Hicks and Mack are gone in the very near future.  While Roquan smith is an absolute stud, i'm not that worried about them after the next year or two.  I don' think Mack will be there after the 2022 season.

Quote: @nawlinsvike said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Leno was an incredible 7th round selection. 94 career starts.
Quote Tweet
[Image: MaAIgBaS_normal.jpg]
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· 1m
The #Bears will be releasing LT Charles Leno, source said, their starter the last seven seasons. A surprise move. Chicago drafted OK St’s Teven Jenkins in the second round and plans to play him on the left side. Leno now available for LT-needy teams.

Lol. This will help.
From everything i read pre-draft, Jenkins was solely projected to be a RT in the NFL.  Could be interesting.
Interesting as in a dumpster fire. 

Quote: @greediron said:
@Mattyman said:
Bears 1st round picks since 2017

Tribisky - 2017
Roquam Smith- 2018
2019-No pick
2020-No pick
2021-Fields
2022- No pick

Ouch.
And this is why I am not overly worried about the Bears becoming the powerhouse.  They don't draft well, and then they give away their picks for bad players or players with a high salary (Mack).  Their pipeline of talent has got to be empty.

Ya made me go back and do another look.

the pipeline is bone-dry

and the Bears FO do not draft well.

2013- Kyle Long - GONE - KC
2014- Kyle Fuller - GONE -DEN
2015 Kevin White-BUST
2016- Leonard Floyd  CUT 
2017 Tribisky  CUT 
2018 -Roquan Smith
2019-No pick
2020-No pick
2021-Fields
2022- No pick

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Fields > Monds

Monds + 2022 1st round pick > Fields

Also, with a GAPPING HOLE at LT, I seriously doubt Fields was the target. It's been reported that we did extra leg work on Day 2 QBs. That makes a ton more sense than trading up for QB3.
I'd also put it like this:

Mond/Darrisaw + 2022 1st Round Pick > Fields
It’s too early to make a final judgment.  If Fields turns out to be the next Russell Wilson, and Mond does not develop to become a mid tier staring Qb, then we very well may look back and wish we had done more to land Fields.    Ask the Chiefs and Bills if they gave up too much to get Mahomes and Allen.   

Quote: @Magnus10 said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Fields > Monds

Monds + 2022 1st round pick > Fields

Also, with a GAPPING HOLE at LT, I seriously doubt Fields was the target. It's been reported that we did extra leg work on Day 2 QBs. That makes a ton more sense than trading up for QB3.
I'd also put it like this:

Mond/Darrisaw + 2022 1st Round Pick > Fields
It’s too early to make a final judgment.  If Fields turns out to be the next Russell Wilson, and Mond does not develop to become a mid tier staring Qb, then we very well may look back and wish we had done more to land Fields.    Ask the Chiefs and Bills if they gave up too much to get Mahomes and Allen.   
Neither team had to give up anything: Mahomes slid to 10th and Allen was there at #7 for Buffalo. And if Fields had gotten to #14, he'd probably be a Viking. That's the thing and why if the hit on Mond somehow, its a home run: no move up compensation for a mistake. The Bears got REAMED in their move up for Trubisky. The team that should be concerned is the 49ers with Trey Lance: the guy has the least amount of film to watch than maybe any top 5 QB pick in history. At least Mond played enough to be the all time leading passer in Texas A & M history. Lance is as raw as sushi, but you aren't hearing much of that from the media for some reason.