Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings were ready to take Justin Fields: ESPN.com

Fields > Monds

Monds + 2022 1st round pick > Fields

Also, with a GAPPING HOLE at LT, I seriously doubt Fields was the target. It's been reported that we did extra leg work on Day 2 QBs. That makes a ton more sense than trading up for QB3.

Of course they were.

Only thing that hurts more than getting that close to Fields and not landing him was seeing him holding-up a frigging Bears jersey. 

If Fields turns out to be awesome there will definitely be a feeling of what could have been. But not something to dwell on now.

Once the Giants decided they didn’t mind dropping back to 20, it would have been tough to outbid the Bears.

I’m glad the Vikings front office took the QB position seriously this draft. Smart call, IMO. And if Monds turns out to be something Spielman will look like a genius. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Fields > Monds

Also, with a GAPPING HOLE at LT, I seriously doubt Fields was the target. It's been reported that we did extra leg work on Day 2 QBs. That makes a ton more sense than trading up for QB3.
I'd also put it like this:

Mond/Darrisaw + 2022 1st Round Pick > Fields

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Fields > Monds

I'd also put it like this:

Mond/Darrisaw + 2022 1st Round Pick > Fields
[Image: vc6276f2kr7u.gif]

I'm going to be the contrarian on this one...

Fields turns out to be franchise ceiling? With that D? 

This could turn out to be a shift of NFC power that nobody is grasping yet.  

Hope I'm wrong...

I'll be honest. I was hoping that Fields would drop to us. But in some ways the draft may have worked out better for us the way it did, especially if Mond becomes a good QB in the future. 

And if anything, Mond is a similar type athlete to Fields with a ton more experience (and in the SEC too). Plus, maybe his selection lights a fire under Kirk's ass. Win/Win.

I wasnt happy when we let the bears trade in front of us for a QB.... I honestly thought if we were going to make a move it would have needed to have been jumping to 8 to keep the QB hungry teams behind us from leaping ahead of us.... I really wasnt happy when we dropped 9 spots as I really didnt expect there to be much left for OL either in terms of value,  but I kept my mouth shut and am glad i did.  (crow tastes like shit)  I think Rick was very lucky that his gamble turned out,  but as they say sometimes its better to be lucky than good and IMO we turned out really good thanks to Ricks luck.

I am very happy having a legit mobile QB with the arm talent and pedigree to be considered a legit future starter.

I am thrilled to have found both a starting LT and OG.

the rest of the draft is just icing,  now if we had gotten a top kicking prospect... well then there would have been ice cream to go with our cake.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I wasnt happy when we let the bears trade in front of us for a QB.... I honestly thought if we were going to make a move it would have needed to have been jumping to 8 to keep the QB hungry teams behind us from leaping ahead of us.... I really wasnt happy when we dropped 9 spots as I really didnt expect there to be much left for OL either in terms of value,  but I kept my mouth shut and am glad i did.  (crow tastes like shit)  I think Rick was very lucky that his gamble turned out,  but as they say sometimes its better to be lucky than good and IMO we turned out really good thanks to Ricks luck.

I am very happy having a legit mobile QB with the arm talent and pedigree to be considered a legit future starter.

I am thrilled to have found both a starting LT and OG.

the rest of the draft is just icing,  now if we had gotten a top kicking prospect... well then there would have been ice cream to go with our cake.
The Bears trading up to land him was what bothered me most, but as you said....I like the way things turned out for us. Now I hate to wish ill on most people, but I really hope Fields doesn't turn into a superstar for that team. F*ck the Bears.