Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
will biden be asked any tough questions today
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Nichelle said:
I'm so tired of this.
No minds will be changed. Just angry rhetoric is all we are left with. Wait until Trump starts his own social media platform.....truth will no longer exist, only the perception thereof. Science will be 'debunked'. Idiocracy will be in full bloom. 

Will? We've been living in a post-truth world for 4 years. If something damages you you simply call it fake news...or media bias. And you fill the rest with lies. Trump and his handlers discovered long ago that you can tell Trumpists pretty much anything and they will believe it. You can even shoot someone on 5th avenue and not lose a single vote.

And then if you're held to account for your lies, you simply say "just kiddin'...no reasonable person would believe an idiot like me." 

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@BigAl99 said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@BigAl99 said:
@Vikergirl said:
President Biden has been busy cleaning up a lot of messes. He didn't have the cooperation and collaboration of the former guy. There was no peaceful transition of power. Several agencies were scaled back and damaged. Not that Trump would have been helpful anyway, but Biden had to get things in order in the midst of a pandemic. He has done a lot of work already. So a presser can take place instead of golfing every other weekend. Trump had a lot of press conferences but he didn't say much because he didn't do much. He wanted the pomp and circumstance. He was too busy rage tweeting. But there is an adult in the room now so there will be none of that. I will listen to it later. 
The back up at the boarder has a lot to do with the disassembly of the HHS infrastructure.  The only one's spreading the message the borders are open are the GOP and Coyotes, one for money one to create problems.  These people left months ago, they just figure Biden is humane so it makes the sale.  Heard some numbers today that compared to last year, in the same amount of time there is 10K less across the border.  Unsubstantiated, would like to hear more.
Hmm, look at the numbers here: https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/south...encounters

Feb 2020  36,687     Feb 2021  100,441     Net increase  +63,754

Certainly not a decrease!
Nice page, did you adjust any of the filters, allows you to drill down on the data.   Compare it to 2019 the year before the Pandemic and it's a lot closer.  I think that is a better comparison, unless you think that was a Trump border policy .  Do you have any statistics on how many are being processed and in custody, I cant find those.  Title 42 is the expulsions because of the pandemic and Title 8 is the normal border processing.     I cant import the graphic for some reason, but look at it, change the filters an tell me what you think.   

Nationwide Enforcement Encounters: Title 8 Enforcement Actions and Title 42 Expulsions | U.S. Customs and Border Protection (cbp.gov)
No filters changed (default is all).  I scrolled down for the most recent data and  compared year over year for February.   There also was a large increase also for January FY2021 over January FY2020 and December FY2020 over FY2020.  The page I referred to will breakdown (and graph) by section 8, section 42, and all.  I was referring to the all output.  The above are the only data I could find, would be good to see the number processed, number returned, number expelled, summarizing separating for minors and adults.
By separating 8 and 42 and looking at 2019 vs 2020 the numbers are closer. The year 2020 is a flier and and as I have been taught and have presented, when you have an explainable aberration in your data, you can remove it as long as you note it.  I always make an effort to understand the data before I accept a conclusion.  Data Nerd, I confess

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@Nichelle said:
I'm so tired of this.
No minds will be changed. Just angry rhetoric is all we are left with. Wait until Trump starts his own social media platform.....truth will no longer exist, only the perception thereof. Science will be 'debunked'. Idiocracy will be in full bloom. 

So what will change?  Not a lot of truth out there now with the liberal owned social media and their fact checkers.  Face it,  our truthful media/news sources have been gone for far longer than can be blamed on Trump. 
I bounce around the 'news' channels sometimes. Last night I caught a few minutes of Hannity who was commenting on Biden's use of notes during his press conference. He couldn't believe it. It's an embarrassment for the US. He's never seen anything like it.

Huh?

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/13752759...96609?s=20

That's just one example and there are many others, both of made up issues and Trump using notes over and over. And why be critical over the use of prepared stats/notes in the first place? I guess it fits the narrative that he is feeble and weak? The man is 78 years old. If notes help him during a press conference, let the man use notes. I care more about the truthfulness and content of what he says as that is what matters.

There is no grace. I question the entire purpose of this thread. What was the point?

Quote: @Nichelle said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@Nichelle said:
I'm so tired of this.

So what will change?  Not a lot of truth out there now with the liberal owned social media and their fact checkers.  Face it,  our truthful media/news sources have been gone for far longer than can be blamed on Trump. 
I bounce around the 'news' channels sometimes. Last night I caught a few minutes of Hannity who was commenting on Biden's use of notes during his press conference. He couldn't believe it. It's an embarrassment for the US. He's never seen anything like it.

Huh?

That's just one example and there are many others, both of made up issues and Trump using notes over and over. And why be critical over the use of prepared stats/notes in the first place? I guess it fits the narrative that he is feeble and weak? The man is 78 years old. If notes help him during a press conference, let the man use notes. I care more about the truthfulness and content of what he says as that is what matters.

There is no grace. I question the entire purpose of this thread. What was the point?
That's all they've got. The notes thing is not a big deal. It is not like presidents haven't used notes before. The last 4 years has been about tabloid style journalism. No one wanted to talk about COVID because of the success with vaccinations. The talking heads were all about trying to create a scandal of some kind. Fox news is bad but OAN and Newsmax are even worse. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@Nichelle said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@Nichelle said:
I'm so tired of this.

Huh?

That's all they've got. The notes thing is not a big deal. It is not like presidents haven't used notes before. The last 4 years has been about tabloid style journalism. No one wanted to talk about COVID because of the success with vaccinations. The talking heads were all about trying to create a scandal of some kind. Fox news is bad but OAN and Newsmax are even worse. 
Yes, it's pretty alarming when even Fox News doesn't offer enough red meat to satisfy the Trump crowd. Looking forward to the day when Biden delivers a speech with note cards and a tan suit. 

Quote: @mblack said:
@AGRforever said:
@Vikergirl said:
@BigAl99 said:
@Vikergirl said:
President Biden has been busy cleaning up a lot of messes. He didn't have the cooperation and collaboration of the former guy. There was no peaceful transition of power. Several agencies were scaled back and damaged. Not that Trump would have been helpful anyway, but Biden had to get things in order in the midst of a pandemic. He has done a lot of work already. So a presser can take place instead of golfing every other weekend. Trump had a lot of press conferences but he didn't say much because he didn't do much. He wanted the pomp and circumstance. He was too busy rage tweeting. But there is an adult in the room now so there will be none of that. I will listen to it later. 
The back up at the boarder has a lot to do with the disassembly of the HHS infrastructure.  The only one's spreading the message the borders are open are the GOP and Coyotes, one for money one to create problems.  These people left months ago, they just figure Biden is humane so it makes the sale.  Heard some numbers today that compared to last year, in the same amount of time there is 10K less across the border.  Unsubstantiated, would like to hear more.
It's crazy how the clusterfuck of 4 years is being compared to 2 months. There is just no comparison. There is a lot of rebuilding to do. There is organization that is ongoing. There is also a lot of changes that are needed. I will give it some time in order to evaluate. It is amazing how the vaccinations are getting done though. The loss of HHS infrastructure is huge and there is definitely a ripple effect from it. Getting more and more qualified people on the job will help.

The .gov has spent +$5,000,000,000,000 on covid alone.  I sure as shit hope the slice HHS got could get a vaccination rollout going. 

Give orange man some credit.  The bigly pile of money he gave the pharmaceutical industry got us at least 3 vaccines and likely a 4th all of which got FDA emergency authorization +3 years faster then the fastest approval of a vaccine ever.   Dude said and did some messed up things but he got us vaccines in record time. 
For the nth time Pfizer did not receive any money from Trump's Operation Warp Speed to produce the vaccine. They had a 1.95 billion deal (to buy the vaccine). The deal was only valid if Pfizer delivered the vaccine. They were part of Operation Warp speed as a supplier.
Moderna did benefit from Warp speed but there were also other significant donors.
But hey why bother with the truth when lies would tell a better story.

I'm sure a $2 billion dollar order had nothing to do with the speed at which Pfizer got its product on the shelves.  If your reading comprehension was worth a damn you would have noticed that I said: "some credit".  I didn't say he was the lead scientist at each facility. 

Quote: @Nichelle said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@Nichelle said:
I'm so tired of this.

Huh?

Man, its been years since I've seen Hannity.  Dang that dude got old.  Must have been from trying to cover for Trump being a dumbass. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Nichelle said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@Nichelle said:
I'm so tired of this.

Huh?

Man, its been years since I've seen Hannity.  Dang that dude got old.  Must have been from trying to cover for Trump being a dumbass. 
He'd look more like Keith Richards.

The media is absolutely a major accelerant of the flames dividing this country...

I force myself to go on to Fox news once a week or twice even - to see how the other 1/2 are getting fed their issues and takes.

Then I'll head over to CNN to see their hair on fire news. I dont know if it makes me any more well rounded at the end of the day or not?

But I'm trying. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
The media is absolutely a major accelerant of the flames dividing this country...

I force myself to go on to Fox news once a week or twice even - to see how the other 1/2 are getting fed their issues and takes.

Then I'll head over to CNN to see their hair on fire news. I dont know if it makes me any more well rounded at the end of the day or not?

But I'm trying. 
Frankly I avoid both.  I read some headlines to get an idea of what happened, but the "DESTROYED so and so" rage mongering is just so childish.  And where I go to get a taste of current events has changed since Jan 20th.  So sick of talking points, owning people and all that garbage.  

I used to get most of my political news from Politico for the reason you gave above, but it gets so old.