Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immigration....
Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
See these leaked pictures from the border...  Biden has some explaining to do...
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56491941
Yes he does. And I agree with you. I hope you notice the difference. In the Trump era it was OK to not have an explanation because the immigrants were "bad" and "unwanted". So it's strange how today we are all clamoring for an explanation (which we have always deserved and should have). So the question now is, why was Trump not held accountable? This does not absolve Biden from explaining. I am sure you see the double standard expressed on this forum.
Edit:
Another difference: The White House is actually admitting to the subpar conditions and say they are working on getting the better (we are still to see that) but the Trump administration never even acknowledged there was a problem. When called out they simply called it "fake news". I wish there was this level of accountability when Trump was in office.

Quote: @mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
See these leaked pictures from the border...  Biden has some explaining to do...
Yes he does. And I agree with you. I hope you notice the difference. In the Trump era it was OK to not have an explanation because the immigrants were "bad" and "unwanted". So it's strange how today we are all clamoring for an explanation (which we have always deserved and should have). So the question now is, why was Trump not held accountable? This does not absolve Biden from explaining. I am sure you see the double standard expressed on this forum.
WTF?  How was continued coverage not holding him accountable?  Did they not call him a murder, child abuser, whatever else they could throw against the wall?  Hell, pelosi and the Biden admin are still blaming him for the surge that happened because of Biden.

Quote: @greediron said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
WTF?  How was continued coverage not holding him accountable?  Did they not call him a murder, child abuser, whatever else they could throw against the wall?  Hell, pelosi and the Biden admin are still blaming him for the surge that happened because of Biden.
re-read my edit. When he was held accountable people (some here) defended him so why the double standard. 

@IDVikingfan said:
You keep circling back to Trump, FYI, he's gone.  This is Biden's error.  He and the Democrat party own it.  Where's the most transparent administration ever?  Pictures had to be leaked by a Democrat to get the truth of the border situation.  Biden deserves all the heat...  The press needs to his hold his feet to the fire and no early departures allowed from the press conference. We're battling a pandemic and Biden's policies have lead to overcrowding and release of migrants without testing.   Biden did say it was gonna be a dark winter relative to covid but didn't say his border policies would negatively impact efforts to reduce the spread.  Nice super spreader event at the border!

Quote: @mblack said: hi
@IDVikingfan said:
Edit:
Another difference: The White House is actually admitting to the subpar conditions and say they are working on getting the better (we are still to see that) but the Trump administration never even acknowledged there was a problem. When called out they simply called it "fake news". I wish there was this level of accountability when Trump was in office.
Nobody gave a pass to trump. I mean holy shit did you miss +4 years of news coverage?  Orange man recieved zero passes on anything. My nonpolitical wife’s comment for four years was “what did trump do today?”

AOC did a whole exposay on the boarder. Remember the “kids in cages”??  

There are only a few things Trump did really well. Immigration was right up there with no new wars and trade. 

@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
You keep circling back to Trump, FYI, he's gone.  This is Biden's error.  He and the Democrat party own it.  Where's the most transparent administration ever?  Pictures had to be leaked by a Democrat to get the truth of the border situation.  Biden deserves all the heat...  The press needs to his hold his feet to the fire and no early departures allowed from the press conference. We're battling a pandemic and Biden's policies have lead to overcrowding and release of migrants without testing.   Biden did say it was gonna be a dark winter relative to covid but didn't say his border policies would negatively impact efforts to reduce the spread.  Nice super spreader event at the border!
It's not circle back. I am calling out the people on this forum who did not see anything wrong when Trump was in office. It's calling out BS when it is obvious. Biden does deserve the head but the people who spent time shielding Trump from any blame should be the least holding Biden accountable. That is the BS I am calling out. I thought some/many of "them" said the virus was a hoax? Now you are concerned about super spreader event? You should have thought of that when people were hosting numerous parties at the white house. Again spot the BS?

@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
It's not circle back. I am calling out the people on this forum who did not see anything wrong when Trump was in office. It's calling out BS when it is obvious. Biden does deserve the head but the people who spent time shielding Trump from any blame should be the least holding Biden accountable. That is the BS I am calling out. I thought some/many of "them" said the virus was a hoax? Now you are concerned about super spreader event? You should have thought of that when people were hosting numerous parties at the white house. Again spot the BS?
Apparently, Trump clearly lives rent free in your head...  He's done, he's gone... We have new bad decisions which need to criticized...Turn your ire on the current president who has done nothing to earn respect.  Whose name is on the migrant t-shirts, Trump or Biden?  You know the answer and you know which administration has triggered this mass migration and created a super spreader event.  Biden says follow the science...  Does the science say overfill facilities with people from multiple locations, hold in an incubator for sufficient spread, no testing, and allow to go anywhere in the country?  Hello no!  The Science party is messing up!  Hold their feet to the fire and let the past be past.

BTW, I am not a Trump supporter and did not vote for him in two elections.  The Dem's best chance in get my vote but then they nominate Hillary and Joe... No way...

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@mblack said: hi
@IDVikingfan said:
Edit:
Nobody gave a pass to trump. I mean holy shit did you miss +4 years of news coverage?  Orange man recieved zero passes on anything. My nonpolitical wife’s comment for four years was “what did trump do today?”

AOC did a whole exposay on the boarder. Remember the “kids in cages”??  

There are only a few things Trump did really well. Immigration was right up there with no new wars and trade. 
Indeed.   No wonder the democrats and half the GOP hated him.  He inherited an ongoing mess at the border and actually made great headway.  Got Mexico to work with the US, decreased the illegal border crossings and had  things relatively settled.  Of all things to hammer Trump for, the border is not one of them.

@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
Apparently, Trump clearly lives rent free in your head...  He's done, he's gone... We have new bad decisions which need to criticized...Turn your ire on the current president who has done nothing to earn respect.  Whose name is on the migrant t-shirts, Trump or Biden?  You know the answer and you know which administration has triggered this mass migration and created a super spreader event.  Biden says follow the science...  Does the science say overfill facilities with people from multiple locations, hold in an incubator for sufficient spread, no testing, and allow to go anywhere in the country?  Hello no!  The Science party is messing up!  Hold their feet to the fire and let the past be past.

BTW, I am not a Trump supporter and did not vote for him in two elections.  The Dem's best chance in get my vote but then they nominate Hillary and Joe... No way...
There is a difference between rambling and constructive discourse. You chose the former so permit me not paying attention to it.
The tried and true excuse "I did not vote for him". That always works.

@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:

There is a difference between rambling and constructive discourse. You chose the former so permit me not paying attention to it.
The tried and true excuse "I did not vote for him". That always works.
Nice dodge, mblack.  You always revert to a whataboutism arguement but fail to address the issue at hand. Biden and his failed immigration decisions which are a real black eye for our country. Fine, I expected your response, your usual mo.  Have a great day!