Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immigration....
So do you miss Trump's immigration policies yet? 

Its quite comical to see those "cages" now being called "migrant facilities"......with metal enclosures. I don't have the answers but Trump's "remain in mexico" policy seemed to be the best we've had in years.  Process what you can legally and keep the rest home.  Seems quite reasonable to me vs removing all the kids and sending the adults packing like what is happening now.

But don't call it a crisis.

The average time in custody for unaccompanied children continues to hover around 130 hours, exceeding the 72-hour legal limit, though the number of children in Customs and Border Protection custody dropped slightly to just under 4,900, documents show.
It's a CF right now, no doubt...Mayorkas has his hands full. At least he's acknowledged they got an issue and those facilities are no place for kids. Now they need to fix it. 

where is AOC and her bull shit media circus on this one?  does she really give a shit about kids at the border or was that simply a political move... (dont bother replying, I think we all know the answer to that)

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
where is AOC and her bull shit media circus on this one?  does she really give a shit about kids at the border or was that simply a political move... (dont bother replying, I think we all know the answer to that)
There is not a politician on either side of the aisle that gives a shit about you and me or any immigrant for that matter

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
There is not a politician on either side of the aisle that gives a shit about you and me or any immigrant for that matter
I had a chance meeting with our lone house rep this weekend and asked him when they were going to do something about pork barreling on these disaster relief bills and he politicized his response of course.  And he is one of the more genuine guys out there.... I cant imagine the bull shit I would have gotten if I asked some of the others that are more sucked into the DC machine.

Its quite comical to see those "cages" now being called "migrant facilities"......with metal enclosures. I don't have the answers but Trump's "remain in mexico" policy seemed to be the best we've had in years.  Process what you can legally and keep the rest home.  Seems quite reasonable to me vs removing all the kids and sending the adults packing like what is happening now.
This would make sense if you bothered to present the full picture. It's been stated by many that the two bore no semblance but again what do I know? I'll let you guys carry on with the sensationalism. Go ahead  don't let the facts stop you.

Quote:Government officials say the camp is needed because facilities for migrant children have had to cut capacity by nearly half because of the coronavirus pandemic. At the same time, the number of unaccompanied children crossing the border has been inching up, with January reporting the highest total — more than 5,700 apprehensions — for that month in recent years...

Source: WP

[Image: 7MV4VJTUWUI6XFEJR562ZVI6OU.jpg&w=916]
Textbooks and notebooks line tables inside a classroom at the facility. (Sergio Flores for The Washington Post)

Quote: @mblack said:
@AGRforever said:

This would make sense if you bothered to present the full picture. It's been stated by many that the two bore no semblance but again what do I know? I'll let you guys carry on with the sensationalism. Go ahead  don't let the facts stop you.

Quote:Government officials say the camp is needed because facilities for migrant children have had to cut capacity by nearly half because of the coronavirus pandemic. At the same time, the number of unaccompanied children crossing the border has been inching up, with January reporting the highest total — more than 5,700 apprehensions — for that month in recent years...

Remind me what major USA political event happened in January again? 

Take a look at Biden's "Not cages".  All the green areas for people to run.  No 10' chain link fences.  People aren't crammed in small enclosed spaces.  Total nothing burger here. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56491941[Image: _117670455_hi066256636.jpg]

@mblack said:
@AGRforever said:

Remind me what major USA political event happened in January again? 

Take a look at Biden's "Not cages".  All the green areas for people to run.  No 10' chain link fences.  People aren't crammed in small enclosed spaces.  Total nothing burger here. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56491941[Image: _117670455_hi066256636.jpg]

For the nth time no one advocated for open borders (unless those parading the false Trump acusation). Everyone agrees we need  tighter border controls. Trump just went about it stupidly. That's the disagreement.
I dont have the energy to rehash this so feel free to selectively remember if it suits your narrative.

Quote: @mblack said:
@AGRforever said:

Textbooks and notebooks line tables inside a classroom at the facility. (Sergio Flores for The Washington Post)
So the pictures matter?  You know the cages that the media blamed on Trump were built in the Obama era.  The buildings being used now were setup in the Trump era.

So thank you for confirming who cared about the kids.