Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Legal Tampering Period
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@PurpleCrush said:
Ahhhh, now the rumor mill is churning. Apparently Pelissero has stated the Vikings will be in the mix for Thuney, and some site @nflrum (they've actually hit on a number of rumors) on Twitter is saying the Vikings have interest in bringing back Griffen.
Have a hard time seeing Thuney. That's a big lift. To me, the rumors about Vikings spending their money on DE are a little more believable. Griffen? I'd be good with bringing him back but at this point in his career, I see him as a rotational piece, and it seems we already filled the rotational spot with Weatherly. Would think Griffen would be a post-draft type addition for whoever wants him. 
Agreed. Unless they make major salary cap moves, there's no way they're signing Thuney.

Apparently Shaq Griffin is another name to watch for the Vikings.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Apparently Shaq Griffin is another name to watch for the Vikings.
Shut the front door.

[Image: VQWcT2t4_normal.jpg]
Chad Graff
@ChadGraff
· 17m
Despite little cap space, the Vikings are expected to be in on two of the top free agents -- guard Joe Thuney and CB Shaquill Griffin. They'll have plenty of competition for their services, but the Vikings are interested.Show this thread

Oh man. More resources at CB. If this happens, I might choose violence.

Chad Graff
@ChadGraff
· 13m
The Vikings expect things to move quickly after legal tampering starts at 11 a.m. They feel they can backload contracts and bank on an increased salary cap coming with a new TV deal looming.

Really not expecting anything Day 1.

[Image: 8uxVlj3Q_normal.jpg]
NFL Rumors
@nflrums
· 14m
#Cardinals Patrick Peterson has said he's willing to move to safety. This could be very intriguing to a lot of #NFL teams.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Chad Graff
@ChadGraff
· 17m
Despite little cap space, the Vikings are expected to be in on two of the top free agents -- guard Joe Thuney and CB Shaquill Griffin. They'll have plenty of competition for their services, but the Vikings are interested.Show this thread

Oh man. More resources at CB. If this happens, I might choose violence.
Adding a CB in free agency makes some sort of financial success since every single corner on the team is on a rookie contract, but where's the need there vs. DL? I don't see it. This time of year, I think teams try to be in on pretty much everyone. "IN" meaning nothing more than asking about price in case they miss on higher priority free agents. JMO.

If FA is to fill needs, CB is down on the list. Find a G, I still say Fieler, and after that, it's gravy.

WHY HAVEN'T WE ANNOUNCED A SIGNING YET!

Now that that is out of the way...

[Image: BgCr4vnl_bigger.jpg]
As the free agent negotiating window opens, expect defensive linemen to be a top priority for the #Vikings. Hunter and Pierce are pieces they think they can build around; they’re looking for more help beyond that.