Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephen Weatherly says he’s back with the Vikings
I'm lost?  Is it because Weatherly was released that he was able to sign pre-FA period?  Where as FA's contract come to a close the day before FA starts?

smart move by the Vikings

Quote: @Mattyman said:
I believe parents are both anesthesiologist. 
Our defense is saved!

I feel a little numb now...

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@Jor-El said:
Odenigbo was more productive after leaving for a year and coming back, could be the same with Weatherly. 

I wonder if Ant Harris and Eric Wilson will be returning to us next year?
Harris posted pictures/videos on his Instagram Story showing dozens of moving boxes within his apartment, so no, he will not be back next year
I mean he (and Wilson) could go to another team as a UFA this year (2021) but get waived and come back to Minnesota in 2022.  A number of our marginal FAs who leave for "greener pastures" tend to be back here after a year away. Hey, we could bring Mac Alexander back this year...
Yeah it's like recycling crummy assistant coaches... the Formula for Success!

Quote: @AGRforever said:
I'm lost?  Is it because Weatherly was released that he was able to sign pre-FA period?  Where as FA's contract come to a close the day before FA starts?
Yep.

2.5 million

Was working on putting together some proposed moves for the Vikings this off-season and although I didn't add Weatherly I did go down the route of them bringing back their DEs with added depth. DE really isn't this teams issue, the lack of an internal pass rush is where they will need to focus their remaining efforts this offseason. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Was working on putting together some proposed moves for the Vikings this off-season and although I didn't add Weatherly I did go down the route of them bringing back their DEs with added depth. DE really isn't this teams issue, the lack of an internal pass rush is where they will need to focus their remaining efforts this offseason. 
I'd put 3t right up there with OG as the teams most glaring needs @ starter. 

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@Jor-El said:
Odenigbo was more productive after leaving for a year and coming back, could be the same with Weatherly. 

I wonder if Ant Harris and Eric Wilson will be returning to us next year?
Harris posted pictures/videos on his Instagram Story showing dozens of moving boxes within his apartment, so no, he will not be back next year
I mean he (and Wilson) could go to another team as a UFA this year (2021) but get waived and come back to Minnesota in 2022.  A number of our marginal FAs who leave for "greener pastures" tend to be back here after a year away. Hey, we could bring Mac Alexander back this year...
Yeah, maybe. It's not like Harris will get a super long term deal...I think Wilson gets a longer deal so I would think he would be less likely. It's going to be an interesting offseason to say the least.

I hope this isn't their only DE acquisition because while a nice rotational piece, Weatherly isn't a starter, which is sorely needed.

Who does he knock off the roster? As of now rotational DEs are Brailford, Holmes, Mata'afa, Odenigbo, Wonnum, Willekes, & Yardbrough. That's  8 reserve DEs including Weatherly.

Does this mean Odenigbo won't be tendered?