Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephen Weatherly says he’s back with the Vikings
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...e-vikings/

Defensive end Stephen Weatherly spent his first four NFL seasons with the Vikings and he says he is headed back to the team for the 2021 season.

Weatherly signed a two-year deal with the Panthers as a free agent last year, but got released by Carolina last month. In an Instagram post on Thursday, Weatherly wrote that he is back with the team for another tour of duty.
The Vikings have not made any announcement about Weatherly’s return.
Weatherly started the first nine games of the 2020 season, but spent the rest of the year on injured reserve after hurting his finger. He had 67 tackles, six sacks, and two forced fumbles in his first stint with the Vikings.

Meh, could do worse I guess for a backup DE. 

Interesting move for a team still over the cap. 

Odenigbo was more productive after leaving for a year and coming back, could be the same with Weatherly. 

I wonder if Ant Harris and Eric Wilson will be returning to us next year?

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Odenigbo was more productive after leaving for a year and coming back, could be the same with Weatherly. 

Harris posted pictures/videos on his Instagram Story showing dozens of moving boxes within his apartment, so no, he will not be back next year

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@Jor-El said:

Harris posted pictures/videos on his Instagram Story showing dozens of moving boxes within his apartment, so no, he will not be back next year
Hi....

[Image: 101019.S.STP_.VIKINGSREPORT.jpeg]

Weatherly returning  helps the Dline.

Every team needs guys that can make plays, are smart and excellent teammates.

Weatherly checks all the boxes IMHO.

Read his BIO history. He's extremely smart and talented.  He plays 8? instruments.  I believe parents are both anesthesiologist. As far as I can tell he has a turd factor of ZERO.

Some guys just fit in certain systems with certain coaches,  I hope he has an amazing year.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@Jor-El said:

I mean he (and Wilson) could go to another team as a UFA this year (2021) but get waived and come back to Minnesota in 2022.  A number of our marginal FAs who leave for "greener pastures" tend to be back here after a year away. Hey, we could bring Mac Alexander back this year...