Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Looking for something to watch right now?
Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I've started Peaky Binders three different times...got as far as the third episode or so...
Took us several attempts, once we got through the first season it grew on me/us.  I Like it has short, 6 episode, season arcs.
Agree, give it a couple more tries.  I did and I was hooked.  Peaky Blinders is in my Top 10 TV drama series.  Of course Soprano's is #1 and then Breaking Bad.  Breaking Brad took me 2 times and about 3 episodes in to hook me.  Soprano's was instant.

I watched the Little Things yesterday and really liked it. Afterward I had to admit that it was probably more about seeing some stellar acting from Denzel. I've watched a lot of Netflix over the past few months and low budget (but enjoyable) shows. But Denzel is a man who knows his craft and is just a pleasure to watch.

Has anyone watched Ted Lasso (Apple TV)? I thought it was excellent and am happy that there will be a season 2.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I've started Peaky Binders three different times...got as far as the third episode or so...
So funny, I've tried at least 2 times. Can't do it. And I WANT to like it. 

Just finished Flack. Not bad.

Quote: @Nichelle said:
Has anyone watched Ted Lasso (Apple TV)? I thought it was excellent and am happy that there will be a season 2.
Yes, it would have been a shame, shame, shame if it wasn't brought back.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@Nichelle said:
Yes, it would have been a shame, shame, shame if it wasn't brought back.
I saw yesterday that it received a couple of golden globe nominations... nice.

Bet nobody is watching Coach on IMDB tv (amazon).  Or I shouldn't be alive on prime.  Or brain games with the kids on disney. 

Hamilton's Pharmacopia

Actually have a nuanced chemical and social discussion regarding the realities of substances and drugs that we have wastefully spent billions of dollars fighting.

Ketamine or MDMA for clinical depression
LSD for chronic lime disease
Psylocibin for vet PTSD
Ibogaine for opioid addiction

WandaVision has been interesting.