Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inauguration Day
I'm going to give myself a few days to just uncoil and then get back to how difficult these times are. I dont think a lot of the country realizes some of the quieter but really dark initiatives that were underway that are now being stopped (i.e. The 1776 commission etc.)

I hope that Biden can be somewhat of a unifying figure. I say that fully knowing there are an awful lot of Americans who dont think we have a legitimate president. 

It's too bad there is a real need for impeachment trial. Lets get it done quickly and thoroughly. 

People want to feel like they are being heard, not ignored - urban/rural, conservative/lib etc..I think Biden is uniquely qualified to do that. I really do believe despite his age, he's the right guy for right now. More so than Obama, Bush, Clinton. Much as I disliked Jimmy Carter as POTUS, I think he too would be good for right now, for his humanity. 

Economic prosperity could go a long ways to soothing souls who crave carnage. So they gotta get shots into arms for that to happen.

Operation Warp Speed did a good job empowering science to get these vaccines developed, but it was woefully inept at any kind of getting shots in arms strategy. No Fed strategy to say the least.

That's pretty much job #1 now. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
Also I have to say Lady Gaga absolutely killed the National Anthem. And I mean that in a good way! Wow. Maybe better than Houston at 2001 Superbowl. 
Boy, Whitneys 01 rendition is one for the ages. Gaga did slay it yesterday.

I'm sure she had a million people sobbing by "Oh Say Can You See" 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Mike Olson said:
Also I have to say Lady Gaga absolutely killed the National Anthem. And I mean that in a good way! Wow. Maybe better than Houston at 2001 Superbowl. 
Boy, Whitneys 01 rendition is one for the ages. Gaga did slay it yesterday.

I'm sure she had a million people sobbing by "Oh Say Can You See" 

Did you see this one? 

I'm going to give myself a few days to just uncoil and then get back to how difficult these times are. I dont think a lot of the country realizes some of the quieter but really dark initiatives that were underway that are now being stopped (i.e. The 1776 commission etc.)

I hope that Biden can be somewhat of a unifying figure. I say that fully knowing there are an awful lot of Americans who dont think we have a legitimate president. 

It's too bad there is a real need for impeachment trial. Lets get it done quickly and thoroughly. 

People want to feel like they are being heard, not ignored - urban/rural, conservative/lib etc..I think Biden is uniquely qualified to do that. I really do believe despite his age, he's the right guy for right now. More so than Obama, Bush, Clinton. Much as I disliked Jimmy Carter as POTUS, I think he too would be good for right now, for his humanity. 

Economic prosperity could go a long ways to soothing souls who crave carnage. So they gotta get shots into arms for that to happen.

Operation Warp Speed did a good job empowering science to get these vaccines developed, but it was woefully inept at any kind of getting shots in arms strategy. No Fed strategy to say the least.

Many states are doing just fine handling the deployments of their allotted vaccine,   for as much shit as people like to give "hill billys"  West Virginia is actually leading the nation in getting the shots out to those that need it.  I know SD and many other rural states are leading the nation in % of shots being administered.  We dont need the feds to manage every local issue,  just like we didnt need a federal mandate nationwide to best manage the virus.  State and local authorities should be able to handle these things if the right people are elected and employed at those levels.  It doesnt matter who is president,  you can count on the federal gov't to fuck this kind of stuff up so no thanks,  I am not Kristi fan,  but I will stick with our plan and please keep the feds out of it in SD.

not sure if you listen to Barreiros show or not,  but he has done a fantastic job covering the virus and has brought in some exceptional expert guests to share on their views and findings over the last year.  usually at least once a week.

snip

State decisions are playing a role in distribution issues.  You know you screwed up when NYTimes criticizes a Democrat...

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/10/nyreg...lines.html

Jimmy, there are a few states that might be ok on getting the shots in the arm, but most aren't...

It's just really apparent there isn't the overall strategy needed/infrastructure required to get this done as quickly and deeply as needed. At least from my perch there isnt. 

And you know what grinds my gears? Why do all the media always need to show a needle going in the arm when talking about Covid vax? For needle-phobes like me? That's the last damn thing I need to see...

Iowa Gov. just said we changing our timeline, those that were supposed to get it by end of Dec. will be done by end of Feb, just have not received what we were told by the Feds

@purplefaithful 75 million voters watched four years worth of a shitshow and thought another four years was a good idea. No one could unify this country.