Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inauguration Day
[Image: cb77a82c-45ba-46c8-b4c7-9d2a43e093e2-XXX...&auto=webp]

[Image: fe022b48-762c-4ff2-9df1-7f2f22daa155-914...&auto=webp]

Hoping for a peaceful transition of power. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/internet/in...y-n1254775

Liesa Norris got a panicked phone call Monday from her brother. He told her to buy a ham radio.

The radio, he explained, would be one of the few ways they could communicate once President Donald Trump launched his plans to take permanent power.
"We were dancing around the subject, and then he just brought up that on the 20th, you know, the truth is going to come out," Norris said. "He was just going on and on about how we needed to have ham radios because we're not going to be able to talk on regular phones and everything is going to be dark."
A top post on a site named after The Great Awakening, the QAnon doomsday that begins with the mass execution of Democrats, declared: "The death penalties will commence ON DC SOIL."
Norris said that her brother became radicalized over the last year mostly through YouTube but that he sounded more urgent this week. In the past several days, he has been posting excitedly about the coming blackout and doling out tips from YouTube tutorials about ham radios and how to survive after what he hopes is an elaborate, bloody coup by Trump.
"They keep pushing the goal posts back when they put all these predictions out," Norris said. "But he is convinced that the truth is going to come out on Wednesday."

Watching some of the conversations online has some of that dystopian story arc of a Marvel comic book.  As time goes on more and more villains are exposed till it's a majority of them that are trying to overthrow democracy, weird dynamic if you think about it.  

I gave a college friend 20:1 odds that Biden actually gets inaugurated today.  Gonna cost me quite a bit of money if there is a military coup. 

You know, reinstating the Fairness Doctrine might not be a bad idea. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
I gave a college friend 20:1 odds that Biden actually gets inaugurated today.  Gonna cost me quite a bit of money if there is a military coup. 
On a related note, I read an article recently about how you can profit handsomely off QAnon. Apparently, there's a site where you can actually bet on politics. That's got to be the easiest money there is. Where else can you find a mark that stupid and crazy, where no matter how many times they're proven wrong (ALWAYS), they just keep on believing (and betting on) the same horseshit. 

...QAnon followers believed that Q had special inside information about the future, and they bet accordingly.“There were people who were so convicted in these beliefs that they were willing to put hundreds or thousands on the line,” Cage said. “So I started shoveling more and more money in....”

Biden is not a god. He is not a king. He is going ti do things that I disagree with. I will not hold him up as an infallible leader and excuse the things that I don’t agree with. But I do believe that he will be a good president. I think he will listen to the people and I hope he can answer the call from people in rural America as well as Urban America. I believe he will listen to conservatives as well as liberals. 
That is my hope. That he tries to get us to stop fighting and ackowledge there is not a singular way to run a country and that it is ok to disagree on policy but not to demonize the other side. 

Accountability is needed as part of moving forward. So much ugliness was exposed and needs to be dealt with. The standing of the United States can be restored in the eyes of the world. I am glad that science will be the utilized and respected again. It's not so much going back to normal but striving for better than that. There is much work to do to clean up the mess. It's time to get to work. 

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
Biden is not a god. He is not a king. He is going ti do things that I disagree with. I will not hold him up as an infallible leader and excuse the things that I don’t agree with. But I do believe that he will be a good president. I think he will listen to the people and I hope he can answer the call from people in rural America as well as Urban America. I believe he will listen to conservatives as well as liberals. 
That is my hope. That he tries to get us to stop fighting and ackowledge there is not a singular way to run a country and that it is ok to disagree on policy but not to demonize the other side. 
I think he's the right man for what the times call for right now...

Well said Mikey!!