Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stefan Diggs is the best WR in the NFL
Quote: @wiviking said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Allen is playing out of his mind at the moment. Kid is a career sub 60% passer. Has he found the answer or is it lightening in a bottle?

Keenum 2.0?
Allen just set the Bills TD passing record for a season. He's 24 years old. He was a first round pick. He's thrown 30 TDs. How would this be a comparison to journeyman Case Keenum? Allen has gotten better every year as a starter. Allen's completion % is 68.7.

Isn't this why a NFL team draft's a guy for his upside? Saying Allen is a career 'sub 60%' and he's only 24 years old means what exactly? That's what he is going to be forever? As many or MORE QBs from college with big percentage completion numbers never sniff a NFL starting spot or even a roster spot. Picking a QB is risky business in the NFL, zero doubt about that. Plenty of busts all around. College success does not translate to NFL success necessarily, nor do their stats. 

Josh Allen obviously has improved on his weaknesses coming into the league. He's the perfect modern NFL QB physically. I'm sure he'll still make mistakes, he's a young guy. But the Bills could win it all with Allen and will probably have several really good years/chances to do so in the AFC. 

I was just putting out there that you cant base it off of one good year. A lot of teams have been put in some awkward spots, giving bad contracts to a player that had an exceptional year, but falling back to mediocrity the following season. Maybe that isn't the case with Allen. Maybe it is. 

Allen has improved every year.  Their coach/g.m. are clearly doing great work right now.  

Diggs issues were with Zimmer and his offensive philosophy.  He doesn't face anything like that in Buffalo where they aren't trying to win like it's 1976.  By all reports he has been a great teammate and leader for them. 

But I get that fans here are bitter because he escaped our shitty organization to play for a team on the verge of contending instead of pretending.  

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
Crazy good and Josh Allen is loving him. 
Or it could be a honeymoon phase.  They are sailing along right now,  but at some point they will hit a rough patch and then is when we see if he has grown up or is still the malcontent we traded for Justin Jefferson. 
After watching Diggs in an offense that actually tries to feature him and get him the ball, I would say Diggs was right and not a malcontent.  Seems like a lot of fans want to blame Diggs, but time to wake up and see that Diggs was not the problem, but this organization was and is.  I didn't want to see him force his way out of here, but good for him, he did the right thing and I am happy for him.  

Had he not gotten out of here, he would have 70 catches and 900 yards and headed home this weekend.  Instead he is leading the NFL in both receptions and yards, going to the playoff and has a legit shot at a Super Bowl.  I am looking forward to rooting for him in the playoffs.  

@StickyBun it means in high school, juco, college, and his first two years as a pro, he completed less than 60% of his passes.

Before he's anointed as the next big thing, maybe have him do it for another year. Keenum had a fluke year too. It's more likely he returns to the mean, IMO. 

If Diggs isn't a malcontent, what do you call a player who skips a couple meeting and a couple practices because  he's unhappy with his role in the team? I call him a self centered little bitch.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@StickyBun it means in high school, juco, college, and his first two years as a pro, he completed less than 60% of his passes.

Before he's anointed as the next big thing, maybe have him do it for another year. Keenum had a fluke year too. It's more likely he returns to the mean, IMO. 
But again, you're assessing his mean from something else. Guys can improve, we see it all the time. This could be his NFL 'mean'. But of course, we have to see more and the consistency. He should continue to gain confidence and incrementally improve. I don't see anything fluky about his game at all, he's ballin'. Don''t see any horseshoes. 

A 10% jump in completion % doesn't seem like a fluke?

Ok

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
A 10% jump in completion % doesn't seem like a fluke?

Ok
Dude, lol....I'm not going to change your mind and that's cool. We just feel differently. It really can't be proven for a bit anyway as he does need to keep this good play going year to year. But at the same time the kid isn't going to be mistake-free.....and he shouldn't be. Its how you learn. 

You might get some arguments from Michael Thomas and Davante Adams, but Diggs is in the conversation. But he always has been.

I don't think there's a better route runner in the NFL. And that's always a backhanded compliment given to slow guys. Not so Diggs. He's got speed, hands and RAC to go with it.