Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IS IT TIME TO END THIS FORUM?
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
Is it time to end the discussion about ending the forum?? Or as Zimmer would say, 'It isn't time to not talk about ending the forum'. 
I was going to give it a week to see if any compelling pleas were made.  You know,  due process. 
Except due process means that the burden of proof is on the prosecution, not the defense. In our country, one is innocent until proven guilty by a preponderance of the evidence. Y'know, like matching DNA on a pair of gloves, one found at the crime scene, one at the home of the accused. 

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I've heard no such evidence presented here today, have you? Sure, a couple folks got catty with each other. That bothers you, I have a solution: Don't read the board. What's next? Closing bars because of a bar fight? Nay, I say. Let freedom ring. Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

Join me in song, won't you? "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."

To @ Stickybun's point, I don't know where the buck stops on this one? I suspect it's Mike and the moderators...

You can't have a ST forum if it doesn't fit the charter of the site?

If there aint moderators to split the children up when they're taking disagreements to personal attacks, it no longer is a positive experience for anyone. 

I want to express my thanks to the mods here as it's difficult and thankless. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
To @ Stickybun's point, I don't know where the buck stops on this one? I suspect it's Mike and the moderators...

You can't have a ST forum if it doesn't fit the charter of the site?

If there aint moderators to split the children up when they're taking disagreements to personal attacks, it no longer is a positive experience for anyone. 

I want to express my thanks to the mods here as it's difficult and thankless. 
Mike + the Moderators. Wasn't that a 80s splinter band from Genesis? 

Yes, I agree that the mod job is difficult and thankless, but really, do you ever read those little fights? I know I never do. They're exhibitions for the rest of us. If you told them to go fight in direct messages, they wouldn't. And even if they did, they'd probably end up agreeing and virtually hugging. 

It's like road rage. "YOU GO'DAMN Sonofabitch! Stay in your damn lane! Oh, it's Marcie from work. Hi Marcie!!"

Quote: @MaroonBells said:It's like road rage. "YOU GO'DAMN Sonofabitch! Stay in your damn lane! Oh, it's Marcie from work. Hi Marcie!!"
Ha! a long time ago I had to start reminding myself to make sure to chill out as I got closer to work on my drives. It didn’t happen to me but a coworker of mine berated someone who ended up being new to the office THAT DAY who sat a mere 20 feet from them in cubeland.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Join me in song, won't you? "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."

I'll join today.  

I know what time it is: time to unpin this from the top of the board. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I know what time it is: time to unpin this from the top of the board. 
My bad,  I thought I had done that quite a while ago.  I must have just sunk the topic.  It should fall away now I hope.