Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IS IT TIME TO END THIS FORUM?
So here it is,  we have a place that was set up to talk policy and direction of our country as well as other topics that the general user doesnt want to have to filter through,  but yet we dont seem to ever really do that.  Instead we have a forum of finger pointing,  and hypocrisy as all involved ignore the shortcomings of those they more closely affiliate with and point their finger at the latest example of failure by those of opposing viewpoints.

This place has failed to maintain a civil and tolerant tone and with that it really serves no purpose.

This isnt about current politics in the country,  this is about the current attitudes carried in this forum and how that carries over to the main board.

Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?

If memory serves.....there was this wise poster.....handsome too if I remember correctly. I know charming for sure, I mean the guy just lit up the room. Anyway, he said a political board just doesn't work on a football forum. He got some flack for it, etc. But boy that guy sure was right. 

Anyone remember who that was by chance?

yes it should end there is no point

Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

I agree there is no point in keeping this forum going. It doesn’t serve to bring people together in any way. I have maintained that for quite a while.

Let’s trash it.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
If memory serves.....there was this wise poster.....handsome too if I remember correctly. I know charming for sure, I mean the guy just lit up the room. Anyway, he said a political board just doesn't work on a football forum. He got some flack for it, etc. But boy that guy sure was right. 

the over/under for this post appearing was 30 minutes,  so for those that bet the under you can pick up your winnings from the cashiers window.  =)

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

the over/under for this post appearing was 30 minutes,  so for those that bet the under you can pick up your winnings from the cashiers window.  =)
[Image: 460x-1_edited-16.jpg]

Quote: @StickyBun said:

I think you mentioned that a time or two, but with all the other qualifiers, I am coming up blank.

It should be noted that the rules for the main board will remain the same.  No Politics, Religion, or anything else non football related that will create division and pissing matches that disrupt that board.  I think us leaving the covid thread showed pretty clearly that this is not the group that can leave a scab alone.

Can we just nuke politics and religion?  I still enjoy the movies/show recommendations and we seriously need to get the hot chick pic of the day thread back up and running.